After a 7 Month Stretch...I Relaxed!!! **Pics**

dede1129

Ok so I was originally transitioning to natural and at my 7 month mark i decided that it was possible for me to have healthy relaxed hair instead of trying to have straight natural hair and overprocess it with heat. I gave this decision ALOT of thought and decided this is what's best for my lifestyle. So here is my Reggie:

I used ORS No-Lye Relaxer and I had a Hairgasm!:lick: It left my hair feeling so soft and full of body unlike other relaxers I had in the past. Once I took the towel off my head I was amazed to still see my wave pattern still in tact I was in Hair Heaven so ORS is definitely a keeper! I then used ORS neutralizing Shampoo, then I DC with Lutrusilk Cholesterol for about 2 hours, rinsed, then a blow dry and flat iron. I plan on doing rollerset from now on but I was trying to do a length check to see if I could be scraping APL (wishful thinking:yep:)

Now onto the pics!

Attachments

• CIMG2254.JPG
    CIMG2254.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 220
  • CIMG2255.JPG
    CIMG2255.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 228
  • CIMG2257.JPG
    CIMG2257.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 226
  • CIMG2256.JPG
    CIMG2256.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 194

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
Darn...I ran in here to see the new growth!! I love to see before and after, but overall beautiful and healthy!

Nova

Ok so I was originally transitioning to natural and at my 7 month mark i decided that it was possible for me to have healthy relaxed hair instead of trying to have straight natural hair and overprocess it with heat. I gave this decision ALOT of thought and decided this is what's best for my lifestyle. So here is my Reggie:

I used ORS No-Lye Relaxer and I had a Hairgasm!:lick: It left my hair feeling so soft and full of body unlike other relaxers I had in the past. Once I took the towel off my head I was amazed to still see my wave pattern still in tact I was in Hair Heaven so ORS is definitely a keeper! I then used ORS neutralizing Shampoo, then I DC with Lutrusilk Cholesterol for about 2 hours, rinsed, then a blow dry and flat iron. I plan on doing rollerset from now on but I was trying to do a length check to see if I could be scraping APL (wishful thinking:yep:)

Now onto the pics!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your hair is so lush & thick, all the way to your ends! You sharing your success keeps me encouraged. You grow girl!:clap::clap::clap:

twinkletoes17

Congratulations! I, too, am a failed transitioner. I'm relaxing tomorrow after 9.5 months :/

You self-relaxed? If so, great job. Very beautiful hair :)

dede1129

Congratulations! I, too, am a failed transitioner. I'm relaxing tomorrow after 9.5 months :/

You self-relaxed? If so, great job. Very beautiful hair :)

Thanks! It's ok girl we have to do what works for us. The good news is that the break that we had from the relaxer makes our hair very healthy! Yes, I self relaxed:yep:

Misseyl

Dede your hair looks wonderful, 7 months is quite a long time. Also, I'm glad to know your hair is relaxed because I think a lot of the women on this site are doing the natural thing and times I've wondered if I'm ever going to see any more relaxed hair. I'm wearing braids now but in another 6/18 months I'm gonna be just like you.