After last setback, so scared to see the results of next relaxer

sj73

I'm SO nervous. I'll be relaxing again next weekend after a three month stretch. I'm so nervous because after my last relaxer (after my first and last, four month stretch), I was so disappointed with the setback due to excessive shedding. I think I got a handle on the shedding during the last three months, but I did have some normal shedding. I'm still a little nervous. Everytime my hair sheds, I get scared that I'll have the thinning that I had that last time. I think my hair loves protein too. Everytime I do a protein treatment, the amount of shedding drops drastically. I'm still using the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment too.

I'll update my siggie with photos when I relax. I know how ya'll get upset when there are no photos. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Solitude

I hope everything goes well! Please come back and share. My hair has never been the same after I started doing long stretches. I wish I would have stuck to 8 to 12 weeks. Once I started going 4 months, then 6 months, etc. my hair became underprocessed and now it's pretty much all texlaxed.

Listen to your hair!

ebonyseas

Youre my regimen twin, lol. I remember your last post after your four month stretch. I was in the same boat because I was trying my first four month stretch too, and wanted to try lye instead of the usual no-lye. I did the four months and relaxed with no-lye. My results weren't horrible, but the stretch was more trouble than it was worth. I would like to go back to three months, but it'll mess me up at the end of the year when there's only two months left. I've also had trouble with shedding...actually there have been a lot of complaints here lately about shedding. Anyway, I'm sure your hair will be beautiful. :yep: I can't wait to see the pics.

sj73

Thank ladies. I hope this three month stretch will have great results. I'll update my siggie as soon as I get a chance after the next relaxer. When I went most of 2010 with three month stretches, everything was great, then ONE four month stretch messed up my progress. Not again, not again. :nono: I feel like I'm starting over, but I'm babying my hair, with hopes that I can get it back in shape.

janeemat

OP I understand how you are feeling. I'm 8 wks post now and will only stretch to 12 wks after my 6 month stretch disaster. Everything went pretty normal yesterday rollersetting at 8 wks. But each I will see how things go to see if I make it to my normal 12 wks. One detangling nightmare and I will relax. Good luck!

sj73

OP I understand how you are feeling. I'm 8 wks post now and will only stretch to 12 wks after my 6 month stretch disaster. Everything went pretty normal yesterday rollersetting at 8 wks. But each I will see how things go to see if I make it to my normal 12 wks. One detangling nightmare and I will relax. Good luck!

I hope this will be a successful stretch for you.