Request After replying to a thread, it bumps me back to the beginning . . .

Glib Gurl

. . . even if I was on page, like, 20 :look:

Can we fix it so that it takes you back to your most recent post that thread?

Please and thank you! :kiss:

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
This is happening to me too. It is very annoying...I reply to a thread and I get taken back to the first page...first post. Please fix.

Nonie

@Kurlee, @Mai Tai, and @Glib Gurl, I thought this too, but that's actually not true. If you wait a while it does take you to the last page. I was being impatient when page one displayed and would click on Last Page to view my post, but realized if I did nothing, the page refreshes and I am immediately taken to the last page right after page 1 displays.

Try it and see.

Glib Gurl

@Kurlee, @Mai Tai, and @Glib Gurl, I thought this too, but that's actually not true. If you wait a while it does take you to the last page. I was being impatient when page one displayed and would click on Last Page to view my post, but realized if I did nothing, the page refreshes and I am immediately taken to the last page right after page 1 displays.

Try it and see.

Okay, I'm using this response as a "test" :lol:

Nonie

Okay i just tried and waited a good 2 minutes . . . nuthin.

Please help!

Glib Gurl, Ermm....OK, I don't know what you're drinking but I'ma hafta have some of it, Glib. LOL

If you're using basing the above comment on the previous post you said was a test, I am here to inform you that it's not a good test. This thread only has one page so of course you'll wind up on page one of this thread coz that's all there is--and actually, that's also where your post is. :lachen:

Try again.

Last edited:

TamedTresses

Try it and see.

It eventually takes me to the last page, but it takes a while to do so. The bottom of the screen says waiting for longhaircareforum.com...then google ads...then cache...then ads.adbrite...(or something like that)then I get to the last page.

Glib Gurl

Glib Gurl, Ermm....OK, I don't know what you're drinking but I'ma hafta have some of it, Glib. LOL

If you're using basing the above comment on the previous post you said was a test, I am here to inform you that it's not a good test. This thread only has one page so of course you'll wind up on page one of this thread coz that's all there is--and actually, that's also where your post is. :lachen:

Try again.

But before, even if it was only one page, it would take me back to the post I just made, not the top of the page. I will try somewhere else, though.

wheezy807

Okay so i just reply to a 54 pages thread and it took me to the first page. I waited maybe 3 or 4 minutes and nothing. The bottom of the page (loading) read done. How long is the wait?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
This happens to me too.
Most of the time I end up on page 1 of the thread, but if it brings me back to the last page, I will still end up at the top of the page, not at the post I wrote.

Perhaps it will be corrected soon.

Kiki0130

I wonder if this is related to my situation.

I subscribe to several threads and receive e-mail
notifications. When I used to click on the link in the
e-mail I would be taken directly to the post quoted
in the email. Now I am taken to the top of the first
page after fully loading.

I am using Google Chrome.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Nonie, So it's still happening to me. I've replied in a multi-page thread, and it still took me to page # 1, post #1. I've tried waiting like you suggested, and after 10 minutes i'm still on page #1, post #1.

@dimopoulos : PLEASE HELP!

Nonie

Mai Tai, I think I found out what it is. If you do a Post Quick Reply, then you remain on page 1. But if you Go Advanced or quote before responding, then you will be taken to the last page, but will be at the top of that last page.

Can someone test this to see if I'm right?

~~HoneyComb~~

I've been having this problem too.

@Nonie I just replied to a 2-page thread and went the advanced way instead of the quick reply and was still bumped back to page 1 top of page.

Also, if I click on a topic before entering a thread, it will take me to the first page of that thread instead of the last post that was made in that thread.

Last edited:

Nonie

~~HoneyComb~~ Thanks for testing that for me.

I also found that unless I'm clicking on a thread that from the main index (you know how topics show up as the last one to be responded to), then I'm taken to page one of the thread, not the new posts that I haven't yet read. It will be nice to go back to the "bounce to first unread post" feature.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I found that this only happens in Internet Explorer. I don't have this issue using Firefox (too bad that's not working.... sigh) and Google Chrome.