AHH!!!! help please!!! I tested my hair's

nychaelasymone

porosity this morning using the glass of water technique and I failed. Is there anything I can do to seal my cuticle without washing my hair? I can't wash until this weekend or possibly sometime next week because of my schedule.

Also, is this too much? My hair is shedding, so I figured it was due to a lack of protein. Why I think such a thing.....well, I've been moisturizing like crazy w/out much protein lately. So I figured my hair is unbalanced.

Wash w/ Cream of Nature (green bottle)
condition overnight w/ ORS Replinishing pack
rinse
ACV rinse
Porosity conditioner
wrap & style

Is this regimine too much?

HoneyDew

Maybe when you wash you should clarify. I discovered that the CON in the green bottle (an old favorite of mind) makes my hair shed and I think because it leaves build up.

But, in the meantime, if I were you I would try to avoid manipulating my hair and wear protective styles until I can clarify, treat and deep condition my hair.

nychaelasymone

unfortunately, I have short hair but I just comb it in the morning and if I need to touch it during the day, I just use my fingers and then I either roll it or wrap it at night.........what to do? what to do?.....thanks for you help.

baglady215

nychaelasymone said:
rinse
ACV rinse
Porosity conditioner
wrap & style

ACV rinse and Porosity Control will pretty much accomplish the same thing. Maybe you could use the ACV before you wash to clarify.

nychaelasymone

okay....didn't think of that. So instead of my regular pre-poo, just rinse w/ ACV and then continue w/ my regimine (exclusing the porosity conditioner)?

bubblebtm2

nychaelasymone said:
porosity this morning using the glass of water technique and I failed. Is there anything I can do to seal my cuticle without washing my hair? I can't wash until this weekend or possibly sometime next week because of my schedule.

Also, is this too much? My hair is shedding, so I figured it was due to a lack of protein. Why I think such a thing.....well, I've been moisturizing like crazy w/out much protein lately. So I figured my hair is unbalanced.

rinse
ACV rinse
Porosity conditioner
wrap & style

Is this regimine too much?

nychaelasymone,
what exactly is this porosity test???

Candy_C

hey, just try rinsing your hair with cold water after you rinse out your conditioner! works very well,

nychaelasymone

you take a strand of hair and drop it in a glass of water, if the hair sinks your cuticles are open, your hair is losing moisture and is open for damage. If the hair floats, your hair is properly hydrated and is not open for damage.....at least that's the way I understand it.

MochaEyeCandy

It figures the one time I want my hair to shed just to do this test, I get nothing. I've been combing/brushing for about 10 mins now...not 1 strand! I guess that's aiight. :lol: