Air Drying Question

princessdi

I've read most of the post and can agree with most of them, but I was wondering if anyone, after airdrying, flat irons or blowdrys only the ends of the hair?

I airdry all the time and have had good results with it. My hair seems really moisturized and hydrated afterwards, but I've noticed that when I go to apply a moisturizer to my hair and put it up (I bun all the time), it comes out to the touch, but only at the ends.:nono: Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what can I do to eliminate this from happening?

In one of the posts, it says that you shouldn't touch your hair after airdrying and that if you plan to air dry, it should be in the style that you're going to wear it in.

Like I said above, I wear my hair in buns, so would it stress my hair if I put my hair in a bun while wet to air dry? My hair is not long (see avatar) and will eventually have to be styled to look like something. I don't have enough hair to just let it stay in a lose bun. Most of my buns are achieved by using a phony pony. Is there anything that I can do to keep from losing hair. I'd like to retain it, not lose it.

Any suggestions?

northernbelle

I've read most of the post and can agree with most of them, but I was wondering if anyone, after airdrying, flat irons or blowdrys only the ends of the hair?

I airdry all the time and have had good results with it. My hair seems really moisturized and hydrated afterwards, but I've noticed that when I go to apply a moisturizer to my hair and put it up (I bun all the time), it comes out to the touch, but only at the ends.:nono: Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what can I do to eliminate this from happening?

In one of the posts, it says that you shouldn't touch your hair after airdrying and that if you plan to air dry, it should be in the style that you're going to wear it in.

Like I said above, I wear my hair in buns, so would it stress my hair if I put my hair in a bun while wet to air dry? My hair is not long (see avatar) and will eventually have to be styled to look like something. I don't have enough hair to just let it stay in a lose bun. Most of my buns are achieved by using a phony pony. Is there anything that I can do to keep from losing hair. I'd like to retain it, not lose it.

Any suggestions?

I air dry regularly, but, when the hair is 90% dry, I use the low-warm heat of a blow dryer to smooth the hair, from roots to ends. I don't have an issue with the ends coming out.

As far as touching the hair, I try not to do so because the more one plays with the hair as it is drying, the greater likelihood of creating frizziness.

Last, when I apply my leave-in conditioner, I comb the hair, more or less in the style in which I wear it (I have a layered bob which is to my chin-line on the sides and the base of my neck in the back). The leave-in is the only thing on the hair during the air dry and the blow dry, and is a detangler and heat protectant.

I apply no other product to the hair until after I have used the blow dryer, which is a hair oil.

princessdi

I air dry regularly, but, when the hair is 90% dry, I use the low-warm heat of a blow dryer to smooth the hair, from roots to ends. I don't have an issue with the ends coming out.

As far as touching the hair, I try not to do so because the more one plays with the hair as it is drying, the greater likelihood of creating frizziness.

Last, when I apply my leave-in conditioner, I comb the hair, more or less in the style in which I wear it (I have a layered bob which is to my chin-line on the sides and the base of my neck in the back). The leave-in is the only thing on the hair during the air dry and the blow dry, and is a detangler and heat protectant.

I apply no other product to the hair until after I have used the blow dryer, which is a hair oil.

Great. Thanks!! I'm going to try this to see what happens.:grin: