Air Drying

Jada

Quick question Ladies, I went to a Dominican Salon to purchase some Salerm products and the stylist Yudi told me before mind you that I had made such great progress with my hair (I am now texturized) it has grown quite a bit in 9 mos...she almost seemed in awe...Until, I told her that I air dry my hair...she said airdrying relaxed hair because she said that texturized hair & relaxed hair is the same...and that I should use heat since it is better for the hair meaning relaxed hair....I debated this the entire weekend I even washed and then blow dried my hair on a low setting also did a rollerset that to my amazement came out quite nice for a first timer...but I have come the conclusion to stick with my conditioner washes my hair so far has done pretty good with them and I have a feeling I will stick with it. It seems to help me with moisture due to the fact my hair is very fine/thin and does not seem to like moisturizers or oils they tend to break my hair. I guess I just need some reassurance from my girls.

shunta

Some stylists say that airdrying is ok, some will tell you its not. You know your hair better than anyone else. Its some ladies on this board who airdry exclusively, and their hair is long and beautiful. Unfortunately, my hair did not like airdrying, so now I rollerset and get under my soft bonnet. Its not bad on my hair because its indirect heat, and my ends are thanking me for it. Before, I would blowdry my wet hair until it was dry, and my ends were a hot mess!! Never again! So just find out what your hair likes and dislikes. If your hair responds well to airdrying, then keep it up.:D

Last edited:

peacelove

My stylist warned me about airdrying and I don't like it myself. But if your hair thrives doing it, then stay with it! There is not hard rule with most of these things, some that work for some do not work for others. Air drying tangles my hair to no end. Does not matter what I do.

nissi

Well, as a final farewell to summer i have been cowashing and airdrying until it gets too cold. My hair and scalp are enjoying the airdrying. And now I add castor oil to Ego Boost leave-in and I am looooving it! :love: So this is it for me! My hair also does well with rollersets, but now this is so much less work, I am hooked! :lol: hhg!

tenderheaded

I started airdrying 4/19 and haven't looked back:) ! have 4a/4b that dries almost straight with just a few magnetic rollers. I don't do any fancy setting - I just make sure that the ends are secured. In the warm weather I've been using a fan to speed the drying process. In the winter I plan to barracade myself in the sunroom with a good book or use my domed dryer to get the roots dry.

Lovelylocs

Did she say why airdrying is bad?
I've had dominican stylists tell me that too. They say that you have to dry your hair in rollers.