Airdrying hair

MsKipani

Hi everyone :look:

I'm new to the site and always looking for ways to improve my hair. I've been pressing/blow drying my hair straight since I was about 11 (14 years now.) I've never had a perm. I noticed that a lot of women on here mention air drying their hair. Do you do this on hair completely natural, texlaxed hair, or relaxed hair?

What products do you use when airdrying natural hair? What is your airdrying regimen?

Thanks!

meaganita

I need to know this as well. Typically, I don't airdry because my 4a/b hair will lock up. I airdried once about a month ago and just used a ton of Scurl, red palm butter, and WGO. Then I put my hair in two braids and left it alone. It turned out okay, but I had to wash it again a week later because I hadn't combed it and was afraid it would lock up. Even though there were a few fused together hairs, for the most part it was fine. I still don't feel 100% comfortable with airdrying though. And the wash-n-go?:nono: But if there's some other 4a/b naturals out there that have some other product suggestions, I'm all ears.

ajoyfuljoy

I'm glad you started this thread.

I tried airdrying this past wash day and it turned out pretty well!

I jsut prepared my hair for rollersetting as normal (jojoba oil, Aveda USC). And when it got time to sit under the dryer, I just didn't feel like it.

So I let the rollerset airdry which took a long time! But then I flat ironed the new growth as usual and did the saran wrap thing and it turned out great!

So I think I'll try to do this as much as I can because I like knowing that so little heat is used to style my hair.

KAT25

I always hair dry because I hate the hooded dryers and blowdrying and what I normally do is just prepare my hair as if I would drying and instead of that wrap my hair up with a scarf and the next morning get up comb and us a little heat (flat iron) and my hair stays great. I normally wash my hair before bed and it is always dry in the am but I have done it during the day before if I was at home all day.

chickory_bee

I always airdry too. I do it because growing up my mother never blowdried my hair.

After my wash cycle, I divide my head of hair into 4 big sections. I spray it with surge, then put LR on the length and EndAll on the ends. I then plait each section (after dividing each four into four more), cover my head with a scarf, and go to bed. The next day, I take it out, and all is well. I noticed that since I have so much hair (thickness not length), it dries faster if I have more plaits, so thats the ONLY reason I do so many. It DOES NOT LOOK CUTE, my roomie says I look like buckwheat...

MsKipani

Thanks for your input. All of you that air dry have permed or texlaxed hair? Any naturals that air dry?