**Airdrying Mystery** need your Help

Mook's hair

I need help with air-drying. I want to get away from the blow dryer but
I just can't seem to get positive results. I know some of you saw that BAd Hair day photo in my Album...A Hot Friggin' Mess...yes.. Friggin, Hot & a mess!

I'm NOT airdrying with my hair loose. What am I doing wrong?
Every time i air dry, I add some moisturizer and add a few twists but by the time it is dry, the New growth is almost like brillo, completely un-combable or brushable Really...it's like a fortress, can't even poke your finger into the thickett. And all I can do is go back under the water again to bring it back to its happy-place. I tried securing the roots with little scrunchies...(I just knew that was gonna work) No luck.

Lynnie B, Micarae & a few others have given me their valuable input (Thanks Ladies) and now I'm hoping the rest of you will also weigh-in.

Hair NOTES:
I'm Transitioning - Month 11
Just like Allandra, there's no way in H :censored: I'm doing a BC!
My hair is Type 4 (sometimes it's on the 4a side, usually more towards the 4b side) I always refer to it as Rudy Huxtable hair.

My products are here if you want to know
http://public.fotki.com/Mooks-hair/products-i-like/some-products/

Every time I wash or co-wash I start feeling like I should put an end to this and tex-lax. But I really don't want to go back to chemical burns so I just keep pushing forward.
Cornrows to the rescue:bud:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
LOL @ you calling your newgrowth a ''thicket'' :lol:

Hmmmmm :scratchch.... Have you tried the scarf method or rollersetting? That's the only thing I can think of right now....

JustKiya

Hrrm.

How many twists? How firmly are you pulling them? What kind of leave-in are you using?

tatiana

For some reason you may need a heavy moisturizer and a tab bit more than usual especially if you are doing this at night. If working in sections, keep your spray bottle of water handy.

products that work great on your relax hair may do absolutely nothing for your natural hair.

forgive me in my ignorance but I am perplex how are you and others like you ever going to be natural if you don't cut the relaxed ends off. What about shrinkage? Even if you transition for 2 years and cut your hair, you may have 50% or more shrinkage thus your hair will look short.

Anyway, I met Rudy Huxtable in person when she was about 13 or 14 and she has some pretty thick long hair so your hair must be pretty too.

Good luck.

Bint Yusef

Do you concentrate any of the moisturized on your roots. I never have a problem with air drying. After the final rise I put moisture on all of my hair from the roots to the top and seal with JBCO concentrated on the roots and the ends.