album update

chocolate01

I decided I wanted to check out a dominican salon in my area that I had never been to before. So Sat me and a friend went and spent 5 hours in this salon just to get blowouts. I was so pissed it took so long but I loved how my hair came out. I am about 6 months post relaxer and they have my feeling like silk right now. I took some pics and put them in my album. I know some ladies were looking for photos of blowouts done on hair that is a couple months past touch up so I thought I share. The pics are in my Feb 2005 album. If you check my Jan you'll see how much new growth I have and then see how straight they got my hair. Hope you guys enjoy.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Wow! :shocked: Your hair looks amazing! So nice, silky and straight! I'm surprised at all the new growth you have too and they got it that straight.

Can you tell me the process they went through to get your hair, especially your roots that straight??? I would definitely like to try that at home. What type of products did they use and how many rounds of blowdrying did they do? Fill me in! :grin:

Offtopic...I see in your signature that you want clear skin... for me, Accutane cleared my skin right up. ;)

senimoni

Yes I'm curious to what(or how) they do that makes the hair so Fab. Is this not something one could do at home.

Edited to say : Your hair is georgeous......I like the blowout but I like your flexirod curls too.

Last edited:

chocolate01

Thanks for the compliments guys. As far as products and tools I can only give a skeleton on a desciption of what they did.

They washed and conditioned my hair and set it on grey magnetic rollers. I sat under the dryer for about 1.5 hours (their dryers didn't get that hot). After my hair was dry they made small sections of my hair and use a hand held dryer with a noozle and two different size round brushes. They get the dryer really close and the heat can get hot. I think it depends on the dryer because I didn't have a problem with the one she used. Anyhoo they use the brush and dryer to put "tension" (like you would when you press your hair) and get it straight. Even though I am 6 months post relaxer my hair isn't very tightly curled so it didn't take that long to do but the stylist was slow so that's what made it long. She sprayed some type of heat press spray (I think that's what it's called) on the front hairline because it was really curly. They also used some Perfecta products as well. But they couldn't really speak english so I didn't try to ask. I bought my own silk therapy that she also used on my hair and she sprayed some ORS olive oil sheen spray before I got out the chair. I hope that helps some and thanks again for the compliments.

ETA: this can be done at home I know several ladies have done their own blowouts. I think Webby is one that comes to mind.

KAddy

Your hair came out wonderful! It looks really healthy and shiny.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Very pretty! They did a great job of getting the hair straight. Used a lot of heat did they? I can't take that heat. :(

Your hair is very shiny and full. The flexirod set is very pretty as well...

Btw, your hairline doesn't appear to be thin, that's probably just the way it is.
It looks just like My Hairline.

hhg-

~op~