ALL 8+ Week Stretchers..What 3-5 Products Help You Stretch A LONG, LONG Time?

naturalpride

Keracare Natural Textures Leave-in, melts my tangles away. Little to no breakage while using this product.

Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with coconut oil, hot six oil, honey, castor oil, olive oil and aloe vera juice, Deep conditioning from root to tip.

Steaming for 30-45 minutes weekly.

Aphogee 2 mintues every two-weeks.

avi1derful

Brighteyes35 said:
Two words~~~~Dominican Blowouts!

I'm interested in stretching my hair this way also. Do you find the heat damaging for your hair? Any tips you can share, Dominican blowouts can be rough on the hair sometimes.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm about 20 wks in due to sheer laziness. I self relax and I hate doing it! My products are prepoo with vatika or evco, shampoo once with a teeny bit of shampoo to clean scalp only, then cowash with cheapie suave, detangle while rinsing, then dc with biolage ultra hydrating balm + roux porosity control mixed with. I think the trick is the coconut oil cause I don't scrub it out. Then I towel dry put in a little serum, a little Davines relaxing fluid and a teeny spritz of diluted acv then blow dry. I twist into 2 buns then hit my roots with my sedu flat iron then set on hot rollers or Bantu knot. I grew up roller setting cause that's how my mom did it and my hair was always WL or longer... But oh how I suffered on wash day!! I've been blow drying like this for 2 years n no appreciable damage. I can't get her to try my method though.

I'll prolly relax in the next few weeks. I also alternate biolage with aphogee 2 min

Last edited:

candy626

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner and hands down, Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol. All cholesterol is not created equal, this stuff is awesome. It has ceramides in it and gives me hair a soft, touchable feeling. I feel tangling is minimized with this stuff, and my hair feels stronger.

Real organic coconut oil (like the kind from the health food store) also works well for me for overall hair health. I use it as a prepoo or when my hair feels dry. Using it as a prepoo allows for my hair to be softer and less tangly after shampooing, making detangling easier.

TheNDofUO

ORS Hair Mayo its a gift. Honestly. I'm thinking of buying a salon sized tub. And keeping it in bed with me.(dont judge me)

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
UPDATED LIST!!! :lol: I don't have just 5. :look:

Products:
1.) KeraCare Overnight Moisture Cream
2.) Silk Dreams Destination Hydration Rinse
3.) KeraCare Naturals Leave In
4.) Grapeseed Oil
5.) Silk Dreams Mocha Masque
6.) KeraCare Shampoos
7.) Joico Blowdry Cream

*KP*

When stretching, I like to apply my moisturising DC to my roots with a relaxer brush (on dry hair). I then wrap it up with cling film or a shower cap and either sit under the dryer for 45mins or throw on my headscarf and sleep. After that, I will shampoo and follow it with a quick conditioner. That really helps to soften my roots.

bizybee316

Cowashing at least twice a week keeps my ng soft and tangle free. I could really use any condis but right now I use Aussie moist and tresemme remoisturize....follow that up with its a 10 leave in, a lil evoo and Moroccan oil.

1. Aussie moist
2. It's a 10 leave in
3. Evoo
4. Moroccan oil

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Braid outs: that's the technique helping me the most this time around since I'm trying to cut out heat altogether.

My V05 Strawberries and cream has remained a staple for co-washes and quick conditioning. I make sure to slather it on my NG.

Other than that I use vatika and castor oils quite a bit: great for braid-outs and stretching the hair generally. I'm looking for a good leave-in conditioner. I'd like to try Cantu or NTM.

sweetypoo705

Here are the products that got me through my 25 week stretch:

Prayer:yep:
Air drying
EVCO
EVOO
Co washing with moisturizing conditioners
Oils mixed with biotin&msm
I am currently 2 weeks post relaxer stretching until August:grin:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I am 21 weeks into my stretch :D I accredit:

MSM or my sulfur oil modeled after NJoy (I use both) The supplements 1x daily. The oil 1x weekly

Moisturizing my hair atleast 1-2x daily

Low manipulation

Regular washes

Low/No heat

Braidouts, Twistouts and Buns :)

shortt29

yynot said:
How do you use the coconut milk??

I would put some in an applicator bottle...the one with the tip...add some evoo and heat in the microwave for a few seconds. Shake it up and apply in sections from root to tip. It's a little drippy but I would just smooth it through to the ends of each section. Sit with a plastic cap for 15-30 mins and rinse

almond eyes

I just relaxed after five months. I had no breakage. I took notes from what I learnt on the hair boards and applied it. I usually relax every three-four months but I was dealing with my acne issue so I was hiding under a bobbed wig until it cleared up so I pushed the envelop with no relaxing for five months until today.

I was lucky that where I am, the hair dressers do not challenge you and take instructions if you are particular about your hair.

For me the top three-five tips/products for stretching:

1. Bone combs in three sizes: every day styling comb, tiny comb for the roots and shed hairs and my jumbo detangler comb used on wash days and getting through tough new growth. But after two months I only comb my hair twice a week and for detangling purposes.

2. Washing my hair in four big braids and diluted shampoo and protein treatments helped a lot.

3. Detangling my hair gently and every two days and in sections. However when the sections become messy to ensure that nothing mats together, then I do a tangling session bit by bit and not section by section to catch shed hairs and matted hair.

4. Using a light moisturiser on my ends.

5. I wore a wig and kept my hair underneath in four big braids.

6. When hair is wet, always make sure hair is not 100% damp before combing.

7. My hair is fine and I try to use just a bit of moisturiser and concentrate on the ends. I used to be very heavy handed and my hair would stick to the products.

best,
Almond Eyes

lamaria211

Coconut oil: softens and nourishes my hair and scalp
Glycerine: mixing this with my DC's also making sprays helps keep my new growth moisturized
Curl Junkie Repair Me: keeps my hair strong
Deep conditioners (various): great for moisture, slip and detangling

DominicanBrazilian82

1. Butters!!! Especially my SSI and PBN
2. Coconut Oil (HQS Coconut Lime Oils)
3. Steaming! My NG needs moisture.
4. Rollersets (Magnetics)
5. Anything with ceramides smooths and softens

Currently 14 weeks post. Stretching to 20/22 weeks.

AlliCat

1. Fingers along with wide tooth comb for detangling
2. Diluted shampoo applied with an applicator bottle helps to get the product applied to roots and spread more easily, also makes concentration more gentle
3. Deep conditioning for at least 30 mins.
4. Prepooing with oil.. helps detangle shed hairs
5. Wigs (can cornrow my hair under and just leave it alone)

I'm 12 weeks post and planning to stretch for at least another 8 weeks