All I wanted to know about Steam Rollers.

Lynnerie

Hi ladies, I found these question and answer segment on sallybeauty.com about steam rollers and I thought the info would be beneficial to those who love their caruso, vidal sasson, and revlon steam rollers. Sorry if this has been posted already.

Q: What is the difference between steam rollers and hot rollers?
A: Steam rollers use moisture to lock in curls, while hot rollers use dry heat.

Q: I am Asian my hair is thick, coarse and straight. Will steam rollers work on my hair?
A: Yes. If hair is especially hard to curl, consider using a setting lotion to create a longer lasting curl.

Q: Are steam rollers better for your hair than electric hot rollers?
A: Hair set with steam rollers conditions as it curls. Steam curls also last longer than a style set with hot rollers due to the moisture cooling off the steam rollers. As the moisture cools and evaporates, the curl is set. Try the Caruso Professional ProSet Steam Hairsetter.

Q: Is there a benefit to using steam rollers?

A:The benefit in using steam rollers comes from the moisture of the steam. As the steam cools, it evaporates and moisturizes the hair, leaving the hair soft and shiny. The set from steam rollers gives the hair soft curls and waves which tend to last longer than curls from hot rollers.

Q: Why are steam rollers best for thin, flyaway hair?

A: Steam rollers add moisture to the hair, which adds more volume to fine, thin hair and prevents static which causes flyaway hair.

Q: Can steam rollers be used on synthetic hair or wigs?

A: Yes. Steam rollers can be used on both.

Q: Will the tap water used in my steam rollers affect my hair?

A: Tap water used in steam rollers will not affect your hair any more than it normally would. If you live in a hard water area, use filtered water in your steam setter to prevent mineral deposits in your steam setter.

Q: How do I clean my steam rollers?

A: Most steam rollers can be pulled apart by pushing back the foam carefully and sliding the foam off the core of the roller. Clean the foam with a mild detergent in warm water. Rinse thoroughly and blot the excess with a towel. Allow the foam to dry entirely before replacing it on the core for use.

I hope this helps someone.:)

krissyprissy

Thanks for posting this!! I have the Vidal Sasson brand and I love them. It's so quick and easy that I have almost abandon my beloved magnetic rollers.

krissyprissy

Thanks for posting this!! I have the Vidal Sasson brand and I love them. It's so quick and easy that I have almost abandon my beloved magnetic rollers.

kyla

cluelessaka said:
Hi ladies, I found these question and answer segment on sallybeauty.com about steam rollers and I thought the info would be beneficial to those who love their caruso, vidal sasson, and revlon steam rollers. Sorry if this has been posted already.

Q: What is the difference between steam rollers and hot rollers?
A: Steam rollers use moisture to lock in curls, while hot rollers use dry heat.

Q: I am Asian my hair is thick, coarse and straight. Will steam rollers work on my hair?
A: Yes. If hair is especially hard to curl, consider using a setting lotion to create a longer lasting curl.

Q: Are steam rollers better for your hair than electric hot rollers?
A: Hair set with steam rollers conditions as it curls. Steam curls also last longer than a style set with hot rollers due to the moisture cooling off the steam rollers. As the moisture cools and evaporates, the curl is set. Try the Caruso Professional ProSet Steam Hairsetter.

Q: Is there a benefit to using steam rollers?

A:The benefit in using steam rollers comes from the moisture of the steam. As the steam cools, it evaporates and moisturizes the hair, leaving the hair soft and shiny. The set from steam rollers gives the hair soft curls and waves which tend to last longer than curls from hot rollers.

Q: Why are steam rollers best for thin, flyaway hair?

A: Steam rollers add moisture to the hair, which adds more volume to fine, thin hair and prevents static which causes flyaway hair.

Q: Can steam rollers be used on synthetic hair or wigs?

A: Yes. Steam rollers can be used on both.

Q: Will the tap water used in my steam rollers affect my hair?

A: Tap water used in steam rollers will not affect your hair any more than it normally would. If you live in a hard water area, use filtered water in your steam setter to prevent mineral deposits in your steam setter.

Q: How do I clean my steam rollers?

A: Most steam rollers can be pulled apart by pushing back the foam carefully and sliding the foam off the core of the roller. Clean the foam with a mild detergent in warm water. Rinse thoroughly and blot the excess with a towel. Allow the foam to dry entirely before replacing it on the core for use.

I hope this helps someone.:)

Thanks Cluelessaka!

Kyla