All you 4a/b girls looking for curl definition . . .

Kitkat

Fantasia IC Styling Gel with Sparkle Lites is the BOMB, I tell you!! :thumbsup: I've been combing this board looking for a good product to define my curls and allow me to wash and go. Though I never tried Miss Jessie's or Kinky Curly products, I'm sold that Fantasia does the job. I've got straight up 4a naps - no "4a, with some 3abc, with some 2b and 1c mixed in." If it works for me, trust me, it'll work for you.

What's so great is that Fantasia IC is so inexpensive! At my local BSS a 16 oz jar was on sale for $2.99. It seems the best way to bring out the curls is to wet your hair thoroughly, then work the Fantasia through the hair while the hair is dripping wet. I'd recommend just squeezing excess water out with your hands instead of towel drying, too.

I wet my hair this morning in the shower, applied some NTM leave in conditioner, worked the Fantasia through in sections, and my brushing-shoulder length hair was dry enough (not completely dry) by the time I left for work. I had little spiral ringlets throughout my head. For ladies with 3 type hair, the curls are gonna be larger. But I was happy with what I had. Of course, be prepared for your hair becoming somewhat large.

I should add that my hair is wavy when it's wet since it's not relaxed bone straight, so those are the curls that the Fantasia had to work with. So if your hair waves up when wet and you're searching for curl definition, this is the product for you!

mika vs sasha

I know exactly what you mean, I also love this product. I've had it under my bathroom cabinet for a minute but I just recently started using it again. Okay, my hair was real nappy around the edges. I'm 9 week post relaxer and I needed something to lay those edges down.But not only is my hair smooth around the edges, I have a serious wave pattern going on. I've been co- washing every other day and I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail. This product is the truth!! Spray some s-curl on your ends and you're set!!

OneInAMillion

Did your hair become hard when you used this? Is they key to use a good leave in before you apply it? When I used it, it defined my curls, but made my hair super hard and crunchy. How are you using it?

Kitkat

Dolapo, it's the clear one. :)

OneInAMillion, yeah, it did make my hair a little crunchy, but it wasn't too bad. I'm going to experiment a bit at home tonite, but I think working some ORS Olive Oil creme (not the liquidy lotion) throughout will help to soften the crunch a bit without loosening the curl. I think that using a liquidy leave in like NTM after it dries might be too watery, at least for my hair. I put in the NTM before I worked the Fantasia through. Give it a try and see how something like NTM or your favorite leave-in works for you!:D

Last edited:
L

LaNecia

I didn't care for the pink one either (the holding formula). I've had my hair turn crunchy with this as well, I'll try more leave-in conditioner this time...

Thanks for the post!

Shatani

the only issue i had with the sparklites is that it would flake or turn white if i tried to move my hair after it dried...

Belle Du Jour

Are you guys combing it through to make sure it gets on every strand (kind of like shingling)? Or just using your hands to distribute?

Kitkat

Clasimami, I sectioned my hair and used my hands to distribute it down the hair shaft. I made sure that the ends in particular were coated. :)

Shatani, I didn't experience flaking or the product turning white. Hmmm, wonder what that's all about?:confused: