All you ladies doing your own trims...

Supastar

Can you offer some good advice. I noticed in the "Do it yourself hair" thread, a lot of ladies are trimming their own hair. How do you do it? Or better yet, how do you trim the back? I can see how ladies with almost bra strap do it, but how about those with shoulder length hair or shorter. I went to the salon on Saturday and got a cut, not a trim--with the same layers that I've been trying to grow out. I can't take it anymore--please give me some advice on how to trim shoulder length or shorter.

SouthernGirl

Supastar said:
Can you offer some good advice. I noticed in the "Do it yourself hair" thread, a lot of ladies are trimming their own hair. How do you do it? Or better yet, how do you trim the back? I can see how ladies with almost bra strap do it, but how about those with shoulder length hair or shorter. I went to the salon on Saturday and got a cut, not a trim--with the same layers that I've been trying to grow out. I can't take it anymore--please give me some advice on how to trim shoulder length or shorter.

I know you asked for tips from ladies that have shoulder-length and shorter hair, but you should be able to use my steps:
http://journals.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/

I've cut my own hair into a chin-length and shoulder-length bob on different occasions and I always have used this method. Granted, my hair may have started out longer than yours, but not by much. Worked every time for me!

Just make sure you have new or freshly sharpened hair-cutting scissors.

HTH,

SG

Supastar

SouthernGirl said:
I know you asked for tips from ladies that have shoulder-length and shorter hair, but you should be able to use my steps:
http://journals.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/

I've cut my own hair into a chin-length and shoulder-length bob on different occasions and I always have used this method. Granted, my hair may have started out longer than yours, but not by much. Worked every time for me!

Just make sure you have new or freshly sharpened hair-cutting scissors.

HTH,

SG

Thanks, SouthernGirl.

Mizani_Mrs

I have barely armpit length hair and I comb my hair back and then I position my index and middle finger as if they were scissors (or like a V) and then I grasp the ends of my hair, tightly. Then i lift my ends up so i can see them (your hands is holding the hair in place so it is still straight. Then i trim along my finger. This is the method i use to snip away the stray ends... i never have attempted to do a real 'cut'.