Alter Ego Treatment Does It Have Protein?

Blessed_Angel

Ladies, help me out, please. I love this product for my hair. But I was wondering if it has protein it. Not all products with protein has it labeled, does it? If not, how do you know that they have them? I've learned from you guys that leave-in conditioners have them, what else has them?

I don't think that there's protein in this..I don't see protein in the ingredient list..I just recently started to use it.... I think that it's a moisturizing cond

NGREDIENTS INCE (CTFA) : Aqua(Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dipalmytoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclomethicone (Cyclopentasiloxane), Limonene, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, C.I. 11680 (Pigment Yellow), C.I. 74160 (Pigment Blue 15:1), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Extract), C.I. 12085 (Pigment Red 4), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Allium Sativum (Garlic Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horse-radish Extract), Ferula Assa Foetida (Asafoetida Extract), Methylisothiazolinone.

I don't think that there's protein in this..I don't see protein in the ingredient list..I just recently started to use it.... I think that it's a moisturizing cond

NGREDIENTS INCE (CTFA) : Aqua(Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dipalmytoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclomethicone (Cyclopentasiloxane), Limonene, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, C.I. 11680 (Pigment Yellow), C.I. 74160 (Pigment Blue 15:1), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Extract), C.I. 12085 (Pigment Red 4), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Allium Sativum (Garlic Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horse-radish Extract), Ferula Assa Foetida (Asafoetida Extract), Methylisothiazolinone.

Im not sure, but that 'wheat' thing might be. i hear its a very good conditioner but i havent tried it.

This conditioner doesn't act at all like a protein on my hair. the wheat germ extract in there is wayyy down on the ingredient list. As a matter of fact I love this because I have a dry scalp that it helps with HTH

Well, my stylist used it on my hair a couple of weeks ago. And whoop, I was in love. But since I've been having shedding for a while, I decided to try the Garlic Shampoo. And after that I used the Alter Ego. My hair came out terrible! I've done my own rollerset and it's came out lovely everytime. And I keep getting better and better. But this time, I was like, what? So, I wanted to see if it was the "possible" protein from the conditioner, or just the harshness of the shampoo.

I know the conditioner is good, but I was wondering if my hair was exposed to too much protein. But since that's been ruled out, I see it's the garlic shampoo. Now, I need to figure out if I made a bad buy or if there is something else I am supposed to use after the shampoo. It did tangle my hair like I have never seen before! I had to wash my hair again with my Nexxus Humectress just to get some moisture back in my hair...it was sooo dry.

Thanks for your help ladies.

Back