Alternative to Bigen??

dream13

Hey Ladies! Newbie question for you...

What's a comparible alternative to Bigen dyes. Are there any other no- mess powder formulas that bear similar results? I love the intense, lasting, shade I get from the Oriental black, but after a painful scalp breakout a few months back, my once beloved Bigen has to go!

Thanks in advance!

ShiShiPooPoo

What about Indigo? I've never tried it but the girls here seem to love it!

Your hair is beautiful in your avatar by the way:)

dream13

Thanks for the bump Soun! And thank you, Shi-Shi...love your curls, Girl!

Can Indigo be placed over a permanent dye? I colored with Bigen Oriental Black back in May, and now my chestnut newgrowth is sticking out like sore thumb!

Any more replies??

Starr1

You could try a 2 step process of henna and indigo. I don't know about no mess powder formula but it's definately effective and as long as you get body art quality powders it's safe to use over commercial hair dyes. You can check out www.hennaforhair.com for information.

dream13

Starr1 said:
You could try a 2 step process of henna and indigo. I don't know about no mess powder formula but it's definately effective and as long as you get body art quality powders it's safe to use over commercial hair dyes. You can check out www.hennaforhair.com for information.

Thanks Starr!

Mizani_Mrs

Why not try a rinse/semi perm? I know they aren't permenent, but when it comes to black...i mean i would think the color would stay around for a while. I actually just did mines using beautiful colllection...so i honestly dont know how long it'll last yet, but i would guess a semi perm black on top of perm black would last a realllly long time...

chayil0427

I use the premixed kiss express temporary color. I really love it. It left my hair moist and the color lasted up until my next relaxer.

Chayil