Alternative to BKT and Relaxer: New Product Alert

Dellas

-->Well, new to me. Sorry if a repost.

BTC Forum- Thread List
-->Behind the Chair. The posts below are stylist on Behind the Chair talking about the products.
Stylist:
I live in London UK and have been doing Brazilian Treatments for years and granted have worked with and experienced some really nasty products and had some really horendous results, however I have found the most fantastic treatment ever that is SECOND GENERATION KERATIN TREATMENT with no Formaldahyde and no amoldahyde at all and is a natural keratin product enhanced by Guarana and Acai berries. The product is so awesome I have even taken on distrubtion in the UK however IT IS THE ONLY PRODUCT ON THE KERATIN MARKET THAT ALLOWS YOU TO WALK OUT OF THE SALON AND WASH YOUR HAIR IMMEDIATELY OR TIE IT UP OR TUCK IT BEHIND THE EARS.ONIX NATURAL CARE IS AMAZING AND AMAZING RESULTS FOR SILKIER SMOOTHER FRIZZ FREE hair.
Onix Natural Care Keratin Smoothing Treatment
Approved by the UK / USA / Canadian and European drug standards

Stylist:
I have been working with Zerran's Reform for almost 1 year now. I have had some very impressive results with it. This is a permanent straightener that can be adjusted to the clients needs. What I mean by that is, the straighter you want the hair, the slower you make your passes with the flat iron. This is a permanent straightener that is completely safe! There are no aldehydes, formaldehyde, sodium hydroxide, thio, or any toxic ingredients in Zerran's Reform. I have had a challenge getting some client's hair straight, but that is due to the buildup of silicone oils used on the hair. Zerran has recognized this challenge, and they developed a new shampoo called Absolution that removes the silicone from the hair which gives more consistent results. I am proud to use a product that I know is completely safe! No mask, no gloves, and I can pour it right on my skin with NO reaction whatsoever! They also have an A.P.S. (advanced professional service) that pre-treats the hair for a color service. This is a service that helps to hold color in longer and it really works! One of my clients gets multi-color red in her hair and she said it held a lot longer after the A.P.S. If any of you haven't checked out Zerran, then you are missing out on an excellent line of products! Keeping my clients and fellow employees safe, Jim

######################################################
ONIX NATURAL CARE - Customers
The Onix Brazilian Keratin Treatment is more technically advanced compared to other traditional Brazilian Keratin Treatments, where the hair has to be left untouched, unwashed and unstyled for three days after the Brazilian Keratin Treatment application.

Other improvements

• A much faster in salon service
  • 3 different treatments available
  • Same day rinse (no need to wait for three days)
  • Less fumes and smoke

This guide is to show the basics of our procedures, salons receive training and detailed information on how to use ONIX Brazilian Keratin Treatment when ordering

Wash the hair with Step 1 Onix Deep Cleanse Shampoo, massage softly, and leave on for 5 minutes to open the cuticles. Rinse and towel dry.

Towel dry and apply Step 2 /about 50ml/ Onix Brazilian KeratinTreatment Therapy. Section the hair into small sections, and use a fine tooth comb to remove access product. The amount of product must be the minimum, do not overload the hair.

Onix treatment will repair hair. After application leave the product to settle for about 15 minutes in room temperature. Then use a dryer and blast dry with your fingers only. Do not need to use a brush.

Use a straightening iron 150-200 degrees and in small sections iron the hair 7-12 times

##########################################################

ZERRAN Difference - Our Ingredients
ZERRAN - What's New Reform

Formaldehyde is a chemical compound widely used in industrial manufacturing and abundantly found in the atmosphere. It’s a byproduct of combustion and a component of smog. High levels of exposure are known to lead to serious health problems and the possibility of cancer in the long term. Although authorized levels of this chemical have been established when used in aqueous cosmetic formulations, formaldehyde that is heated, aerosolized and inhaled often exceeds those “safe” levels. That is why ALL Zerran products are formaldehyde free.
Zerran Reform® is like nothing else in this world!
  • Patented
  • Botanically based, formulated without harsh chemicals
  • Contains NO formaldehyde, NO aldehydes, NO thoglycolates, NO sodium hydroxide, NO guanidine hydroxide
  • NO gloves, masks or protective balms needed
  • NO objectionable odors
Zerran Reform® is
  • Permanent until hair grows out
  • A straightener for hair in good condition, not a temporary smoother for severely damaged hair
  • Effective on ethnic and resistant hair
  • Gentle and safe when processing regrowth
  • Finessed hair that can take a thermal curl, has natural movement, is shiny and gorgeous

ZERRAN - Stylists List

Attachments

• reform-banner.jpg
    reform-banner.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Dellas

I have not tried either of these. One is suppose to be an alternative to BKT and the other another an alternative to BKT and relaxer (and it is not temporary). I like the fact that the Zerran company has been around since 1986. I am really interested in these products. I think you have to be a professional to get the products but I am dying to try it. If anyone has tried anyone of these then please give feedback. I have been on this board for a while and I don't remember these names coming up.

Dellas

:eh::attention::feedback::boredwrk::coffee2:Please leave feedback ladies. We are investigators here. If these are great companies, I want to know about them.

Last edited:

Tiye

Are they sure this is permanent? Coz the revealed ingredients sound similar to baka naturalaxer except it comes in a bottle. Baka naturalaxer = clay and herbs. Onix "realignment treatment" = clay, juices, berries + keratin.

Google Translate

Treatment realigned ONIX Natural Care combines the benefits of natural extracts of acai and guarana extract to white clay, keratin and poliquartenium. This combination restores and rebuilds the wire <<I know google translate did this but chuckling anyway coz that is a good descriptor for my hair>> returning deep hydration, softness and bright, giving vitality and a perfect smooth effect, natural and lasting.

So what do y'all think? Deep conditioning treatment or permanent relaxer??

If you've had the treatment please share.

Note to self - maybe I need to stop sleeping on this clay issue. I've been wanting to try for years but I'm afraid of someone selling me dirt out of their back yard and calling it morrocan, etc. (after all no one would ever know) and I have plenty of dirt in my own yard.

Last edited:

lilikoi

Neither of this companies is displaying a FULL ingredients list. I'm skeptical.
This was posted by a stylist on the link the OP provided:

ONIX, 2nd Generation
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 6:52:50 PM
I did my first model with this product on Saturday. The results were impressive, but it did give off fumes that required my model to close her eyes throughout the pressing stage, and my fingers have felt like prunes ever since; I know I should wear gloves, but it's hard to feel where the hair is properly coated in gloves. It claims to be formaldehyde free, but who knows....Marcia did the same thing to my fingers but gave off much worse fumes and left a nasty residue in the hair which the clients have to deal with for days, but with this product, I can rinse and style it out immediately after the service, which is a HUGE plus.

I'm positive this onyx product is not formaldehyde-free...

Dellas

Are they sure this is permanent? Coz the revealed ingredients sound similar to baka naturalaxer except it comes in a bottle. Baka naturalaxer = clay and herbs. Onix "realignment treatment" = clay, juices, berries + keratin.

Google Translate

So what do y'all think? Deep conditioning treatment or permanent relaxer??

If you've had the treatment please share.

Note to self - maybe I need to stop sleeping on this clay issue. I've been wanting to try for years but I'm afraid of someone selling me dirt out of their back yard and calling it morrocan, etc. (after all no one would ever know) and I have plenty of dirt in my own yard.

Zerran Reform permanent not the Onix.
There are two products presented.
I was wondering have you heard of either one.