Alternatives To Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioners

VinDieselsWifey

Help!!! Are there any regular users of Elucence MBC that can recommend another equal or better conditioner? I was told by Curl Mart that the liner has been discontinued!

Elucence MBC was one of the first products I bought on recommendation from this board. I’ve been using it since 2003. I have a liter bottle in my stash now. I hate they are discontinuing it. Kenra moisturizing conditioner used to be very comparable but they have changed the formula & I heard it’s not as good. I’ve seen the old formula in Marshall’s & TJ Maxx recently. I like Texture ID Deep Treatment Masque & Keracare Natural Textures Deep Moisturizing Masque. From Shea Moisture I like the Manuka Honey, High Porosity, & Sacha Inchi deep treatment masks. Joico Moisture Recovery Balm is good but it does have cones.

Are you using it as a deep conditioner or leave in? The Mane Choice 3-n-1 and As I Am Long & Luxe Groyogurt leave in conditioners are good.

GettingKinky

Oh no! I just started using this shampoo and conditioner as a staple about a year ago. Why are they discontinuing it?????

Lately I’ve been using it on top of Innersense hydrating cream conditioner. I really like Innersense, but it’s not quite slippy enough for detangling.

I guess I need to look for a new slippy conditioner. :-(

Last edited:

Alta Angel

I don't know! I tried finding it on the Curl Mart site as usual and couldn't find it. When I contacted customer support, they said that the entire line is being discontinued. I have been using it for years!!!

Oh no! I just started using this shampoo and conditioner as a staple about a year ago. Why are they discontinuing it?????

Lately I’ve been using it on top of Innersense hydrating cream conditioner. I really like Innersense, but it’s not quite slippy enough for detangling.

I guess I need to look for a new slippy conditioner. :-(

Alta Angel

I used it as a deep conditioner when steaming AND as the base for my old school Kimmaytube Leave-in. Thank you for the recommendations.

Elucence MBC was one of the first products I bought on recommendation from this board. I’ve been using it since 2003. I have a liter bottle in my stash now. I hate they are discontinuing it. Kenra moisturizing conditioner used to be very comparable but they have changed the formula & I heard it’s not as good. I’ve seen the old formula in Marshall’s & TJ Maxx recently. I like Texture ID Deep Treatment Masque & Keracare Natural Textures Deep Moisturizing Masque. From Shea Moisture I like the Manuka Honey, High Porosity, & Sacha Inchi deep treatment masks. Joico Moisture Recovery Balm is good but it does have cones.

Are you using it as a deep conditioner or leave in? The Mane Choice 3-n-1 and As I Am Long & Luxe Groyogurt leave in conditioners are good.

Alta Angel

I received this message from Curl Mart for alternatives to Elucence MB.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Please see below for our suggestions.
SHOP NC Brands

Salon-like Brands on SHOP NC
Please also see some suggestions below, as their pricing is compatible with the Elucence Conditioner 10 oz.

Price compatibility:
You can search through all our daily conditioners here - https://shop.naturallycurly.com/conditioners/daily-conditioners/.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Very best,

NaturallyCurly Customer Care
Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (closed U.S. Holidays)
[email protected]

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I only used the Elucence MB conditioner once as a RO. I thought it was way too good to just rinse down the drain so I use it as a leave in and love it as that (and it has lasted forever as that).
My comparables would be: Kinky Curly Knot Today and the Giovanni Direct Leave-In
BUT, my caveat is that the KCKT is a little bit too sticky/heavy and doesn’t melt into my hair like EMB and the GDL is a bit too light (to the point where adding more doesn’t achieve the effect I hope for) but both are otherwise pretty solid leave-ins imo

I second the Jessicurl Aloeba as a nice backup too (I just wasn’t wowed enough by the price point/availability to repurchase)
HTH!

Kurlee

Help!!! Are there any regular users of Elucence MBC that can recommend another equal or better conditioner? I was told by Curl Mart that the liner has been discontinued!
elucence has been discontinued?!

GettingKinky

I purchased Innersense Color Radiance. I’m going to try that when I run out of my beloved Elucence. I’ve been using the Innersense Hydrating Hair Cream conditioner and I have to mix that one with Elucence because it’s not slippy enough. I’m hoping the Color Radiance will work on its own.

RUBY

I can't believe the Elucence is being discontinued. It's been my staple shampoo and now that my big bottle is near the end I can't find it anywhere to buy. It obviously did too good of a job as it lasted so long that people didn't buy often enough. If only I knew before I would have stocked up.

GettingKinky

I can't believe the Elucence is being discontinued. It's been my staple shampoo and now that my big bottle is near the end I can't find it anywhere to buy. It obviously did too good of a job as it lasted so long that people didn't buy often enough. If only I knew before I would have stocked up.
I’m still working on a big bottle of shampoo that I bought in 2019. I’m a about halfway done.

Theresamonet

Is it the entire brand going under or just the MB line?

Back in the day, Elucence was hard to get. I remember having to hunt for it, and was able to find it at only one cosmo professional supply store that would sell it to none professionals. And yes, once I got the bottles they lasted literally years (considering that they weren’t the only products in my rotation). I don’t think this brand ever really became widely accessible or even widely known.

But this is making me wish I had a bottle of MB poo and condish now. :sad:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I still have large bottles of Elucence shampoo and conditioner, CON green label and the Mane & Tail duo to name some old favorites, but Briogio DDR shampoo is up there and surpasses all of them, IMO.

I'll be getting the liter sizes once my stash is under control.
@frizzy, how do you find the Briogeo products? I'm moving soon and looking to switch to a line available locally. I'm looking for something comparable to Oyin Hair Dew and their conditioner or KCKT. I liked the Elucence shampoo as well.

frizzy

@frizzy, how do you find the Briogeo products? I'm moving soon and looking to switch to a line available locally. I'm looking for something comparable to Oyin Hair Dew and their conditioner or KCKT. I liked the Elucence shampoo as well.
I really like the DDR sample pack I got from Sephora. The mask and conditioner are good but the shampoo is great.

I have a different line of Briogio samples that I haven't used yet. I will try it out my next wash day and post if anything stands out.

Their ingredients are top notch....the prices are too.

GettingKinky

I love some of the Briogeo products I have tried.
I’m a big fan of the DDR deep conditioner (I use it as a regular conditioner) and the Be Gentle Be Kind Aloe + Oat conditioner. And the company is black woman owned.

I haven’t tried any of their shampoos, but I have a huge stash of shampoo so I’m not in the market for a new one.

RUBY

Is it the entire brand going under or just the MB line?

Back in the day, Elucence was hard to get. I remember having to hunt for it, and was able to find it at only one cosmo professional supply store that would sell it to none professionals. And yes, once I got the bottles they lasted literally years (considering that they weren’t the only products in my rotation). I don’t think this brand ever really became widely accessible or even widely known.

But this is making me wish I had a bottle of MB poo and condish now. :sad:

The entire line has been discontinued. I went scouring the net and could not find one supplier with any left over stock I could buy. The shampoo is my original bae. I don't know what I am gonna do when what I have left is finished.