Am I being punished because...

PaperClip

I did not want to go to church today? Here's what happened:

I had a serious mental battle yesterday and today about going to church. I had said that I wasn't going to go because I needed to study and it was MUCH MUCH too cold to go out. Also, my pastor was out of town but now we can watch services via the internet so I was planning on doing that. Now I've grown up in church and I KNEW better than to let a little bit of cold keep me home. Plus, God is always worthy and I so I need to show my appreciation by going to church. So I got up this morning about 7:30 a.m. still battling with going. An hour later, I found myself getting ready to go to church....

So since it's so cold (sub-zero temps), I decide to go start the car to warm it up. I go to start it and basically it doesn't start. Now mind you, I drove it the day before with NO PROBLEMS. So of course I'm disappointed and concerned because I have to go to school tomorrow so what am I going to do about transportation.

So am I being punished because I did not maximize my blessings (including reliable transportation) by purposefully planning to go to church today?

P.S.: I am a tither.

Royal Glory

No, you are not being punished. God knows your heart. You have not "backslidden" because you didn't "feel" like going today. Yes, it is God's best for us to assemble together, but He is a God of grace. The Holy Spirit gently convicts. He doesn't condemn. Satan is the accuser. So be free, my sister.

Maybe your car was just too cold, too. I pray the solution is a simple fix.

God bless you.

BTW, I am home today, too because I am fighting a virus (the kind you want to be home for :look: ) and wanted to work on recovering before work tomorrow.

Last edited:

live2bgr8

Royal Glory said:
No, you are not being punished. God knows your heart. You have not "backslidden" because you didn't "feel" like going today. Yes, it is God's best for us to assemble together, but He is a God of grace. The Holy Spirit gently convicts. He doesn't condemn. Satan is the accuser. So be free, my sister.

Maybe your car was just too cold, too. I pray the solution is a simple fix.

God bless you.

BTW, I am hope today, too because I am fighting a virus (the kind you want to be home for :look: ) and wanted to work on recovering before work tomorrow.

I have to agree with Royal Glory. Plus there is a flip side... yes the car was probably too cold... Especially if it wasn't in a garage the night before... God created the cold... Thank Him for creating the cold and showing you that it's okay to take a break.

We are the church. The building just provides a place for us to meet.

I hope that you are encouraged. God bless.

Divine Inspiration

No, I don't think so.

Girl, even the holiest and most dedicated Christians have days when they don't feel like going to church. The important thing is that we go anyway...

Your decision to go is the most important because you understand that we aren't to forsake the fellowship, and you know that church is where your blessing is.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a mental struggle...we're all human & imperfect. It's the decision that emerges from that internal battle that is important.

Be aware of how jealous and ugly the devil is. He wanted to win that mental battle, and he wanted you to stay home. You chose God so of course the devil was going to come after you some other way. If what you're doing is bothering the devil, then the devil is going to bother you...and of course deciding to go to church is a decision that would bother the devil.

I'm sure everything will work out with your car. :)

{DI}

kally

kelouis75 said:
I have to agree with Royal Glory. Plus there is a flip side... yes the car was probably too cold... Especially if it wasn't in a garage the night before... God created the cold... Thank Him for creating the cold and showing you that it's okay to take a break.

We are the church. The building just provides a place for us to meet.

I hope that you are encouraged. God bless.

Amen to that!!! I agree with all the post above. Also no telling what God was saving you from, with your car not running.