Am I doing something wrong?

ReeseCup

It seems like my hair is shrinking...?

Ok, for the past 3 weeks, I have been applying Mega Tek nightly, and then rinsing with conditioner the next morning. Just recently, I started to airdry, because I have been watching posts about heat...and I always wondered how in the world some people just flat ironed once a week, or never used a blow dryer. So I've been trying that out, and just airdrying and using a blow dryer on cool. I flat iron on Sunday for church..

So since, I havent really been noticing any breakage or shedding - out of the norm. But my hair is shrinking...and I just had a relaxer maybe 2 weeks ago, but my hair is THICK and NAPPY. I mean I feel like there are beadeebees bigger than my fingertips in there, and I worry if its new growth or just naps from airdrying?

I know I should overlap relaxers or anything, but I am not used to this. Why is the hair shrinking up...it makes it look shorter? And it is thick and wavy! I cant wear it in a particular style cause it looks funny.

ReeseCup

It just started getting like this this past week. The other two were great, and my hair was cool...

But since I've been incorporating this no heat thing...its a bit puffed up.

What exactly is reversion?

Moroni

Wow, Reese, it sounds like you're getting a growth spurt. "Thick and wavy"???!!! That's great! I'd just keep the new-growth moist with a glycerin/water mixture and wear a phony-pony or something. New growth tends to make the hair appear shorter. Keep reading the forum for ladies stretching their relaxers. If you've gotten that much new growth in just 3 weeks........REJOICE! HHG :)

Angelicus

When I get new growth, my hair grows "out" instead of down. That may be the case for you too. Great growth!

ReeseCup

When I get new growth, my hair grows "out" instead of down. That may be the case for you too. Great growth!

Thank You! I really hope it is growth, would be nice. I do have another question though...

As mentioned before I apply MT nightly, and co wash the next day with Kenra or Joico. I havent DC, cause I havent learned what I can use with MT without protein overload. I used to use ORS or Silk Elements, any suggestions? I know shtow (sorry for callin' you out like that dawg! But we use alot of the same stuff) DC with the Kenra.

Any help is appreciated. And thanks to those that have answered already! :)

gorgeous86

Thank You! I really hope it is growth, would be nice. I do have another question though...

As mentioned before I apply MT nightly, and co wash the next day with Kenra or Joico. I havent DC, cause I havent learned what I can use with MT without protein overload. I used to use ORS or Silk Elements, any suggestions? I know shtow (sorry for callin' you out like that dawg! But we use alot of the same stuff) DC with the Kenra.

I also apply this nightly and cowash/wash every other day. Any moisturizing conditioner should be fine. I like to use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose.

shtow

Its cool lol. Honestly I had to leave Kenra alone. It did the same thing it did to me a year ago---it worked real well for like 6 weeks....and then nothing. I mean nothing! I started a thread about it and a few ladies had the same problem http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=324767&highlight=shtow. I have gone back to ORS because it is consistent!

But it sounds to me like either your relaxer was under processed since it was only 2 weeks ago or you are having a super lucky rare growth spurt. From the pics, it looks like growth, congrats! Keep up the good work.

shtow

O yea and for a DC if Kenra is working for you by all means use it! I dont think ORS would be a problem b/c I use it for moisture. Good moisturizing DC's have been a serious challange for me to find so I cant throw out 50-11 names of ones lol. You could also try using a(not deep) conditioner for a moisturizer.

ReeseCup

Ok cool. I went out and got that Mango conditioner from Kenra you were talking about, and so far so good. And I finally went and got that Hawaiian Silky today too, so I will let you know how I like it.:)