Am I the only one that can't use blowdryers in their hair?

Tene

Everytime I try to use a blowdryer no matter what type of smoothing balm or anything else I use my hair always comes out poofy and dry. But everytime I airdry my hair always come out nice, soft, and moist. I have to let my hair airdry and then flat iron it for it to be smooth and soft compared to using a blowdryer and flat ironing. Am I the only one with this problem?

HoneyDew

I am one. Well, airdrying does not quite work, but I just can't use my blowdryer.

I use it on low which is very cool. At first i did not think it was worth it, but even on low, it helps speed on the drying process for me a little.

But, I started using a blowdryer with a comb on high and after about 3 weeks my hair was not happy. I could tell a difference after just 2 weeks of not using that dryer.

It is softer, more moisturized and I get better results from my flatiron if I airdry or use my dryer on low without a comb attachment.

ayoung

My hair is the same. Doesn't like blowdryers---come out hard and looking dry.
Might just be my technique---but I stick to air drying in 4 ponytails w/ rollers on the end and my hair comes out smooth.

RainbowCurls

For years I would blow dry then flat iron my hair, thinking that was the best way.
Then I tried air drying then flat ironing and my hair was straighter and less likely to frizz out! Also, less heat is always good.
I don't heat style much any more, but when I do, I always skip blow drying now.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Defintely! :yep: I haven't used a blowdryer on my hair since I was a teenager because it damaged my hair so. I've never even owned one. I have to borrow my mother's to dry my cat after her bath!!! :ohwell:

I guess I wouldn't object to perhaps using one on the cool setting to simulate air drying in an emergency. But the whole brush/comb attachment and high-heat straightening? My hair would probably fall out!!! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

MonaRae

I gave up blowdryers and curling irons 15 years ago and my hair is the better for it. Once I gave them up my "can't grow" hair grew!

HoneyDew

Legend said:
I guess I wouldn't object to perhaps using one on the cool setting to simulate air drying in an emergency. But the whole brush/comb attachment and high-heat straightening? My hair would probably fall out!!! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

That's what happened to me! Well, my hair got thinner on one side. I had never used a dryer on high or a comb attachment before that.

I loved how straight it made my hair when I 1st got it, but after 3 weeks, the damage showed. I ended us getting lots clipped as a result.

During the week I never have time to wait for it to airdry so I use my ionic ceramic dryer on cool. It still take a long time, but it speeds it up a little bit.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I hate blow drying with a passion. I feel like I'm frying my hair. I never do it unless I'm in a rush and even then I only do it for a few minutes. I would much rather air-dry or sit under a hooded dryer. IMO blow-drying is the worst form of heat.

Isis

I threw my blowdryer away after learning about airdrying almost 3 years ago. That's when my hair started to take off and regain health.