AM I the only one who refuses to let anyone else put chemicals on my head?

msjones

Everytime I used to go for a Dominican blowout, they would scrub my head so hard that my scalp was super sore. They ripped through my hair w/ a fine tooth come in order to roller-set, and they burned my scalp when they blew it out. So...based upon this treatment, I am refusing to visit them for a relaxer touch up. What is unfortunate is the fact that they only charge $40 for a touch-up.

Since joining LHCF I refuse to let anyone but myself apply chemicals to my head, for fear of severe breakage and burning. But I'm kind of afraid to self-relax. I think I'm doing to try LondonDiva's relaxing method of relaxing section by section this weekend. Wish me luck...any tips are welcome!:spinning:

I feel you. In general, I refuse to let anyone else in my hair PERIOD. I've only had about 7 professional relaxers in my life. Most of the time, I self relax (when I was younger, my mom would do it - but she used to do hair anyhow). Self-relaxing isn't so bad. You may try with conditioner first, just to get a feel for it.

It is great to feel in control of your own hair. I wish you the best. Let us know how it goes.

Back