Am I the only one...

Nay

Am I the only one who has not seen phenomenal results with any of the products other people seemed to like so much?

* I've tried Kemi Oyl, and I didn't see what the big deal was.

* I recently bought the Elasta QP mango butter, and I didn't experience anything to ooooh and aaaah over.

* I tried Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo and conditioner, and I thought it was okay but, again, no big improvement over anything else.

* I tried shea butter and couldn't stand that stuff at all. As a matter of fact, I threw away my jar.

* I tried Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner -- YAWN!!

I'm about finished trying new stuff because I no longer believe the hype. My hair seems to have a mind of its own. Is anyone else feeling this way?

GoingBack

The Mango Butter was a total bust for me too. The stuff just sat on my hair.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Never used the mango butter but I hated the elasta Dpr 11 or whatever it's called. Just find what works for your own hair. I know I can't do without redken's anti-snap, ors carrot oil and joico kpac / redken's deep fuel.
I almost forgot CON and acv. Every other item is dispensible!

ANaturalBrotha

Almost every product that i've used my hair didnt respond to. I hate being 4b not so much that im 4B its just the fact that im 4B with coarse strands

ThursdayGirl

In my experience with this board, alot of the people who are talking about different products are 3b/3c or something like that... and the products that worked well for them didn't work well for me. I am a 3c/4a (mostly 4a)and I find that mango butter works best on wet hair.... and is a good product, I also found that Keracare Humecto was very good...makes my hair very soft. I also love aussie moist conditioner.

What works for one person doesn't always work for someone else... for example, a lot of people tout how much their hair like silicones, when I tried LUST and Herbal Essences, the silicones made my hair so hard.

You kinda have to find what works for you.

Sorry you haven't had much luck so far.

-TG

balleryna

Yeah I would say samples are prob a good way to go.

I kinda know what you mean b/c what works beautifully for some may not work at all for others, or worse yet, may work Badly for others. You just kinda have to feel around and find what works for Your hair. Keep it simple at first. Stick with something for a while and give it a chance to work and to see results. Then maybe slowly add in one little experiment at a time... Just a thot...?

keke

yes i hav the mango butter. it diditn do nothing for me at first either, plus i didnt care for the smell. But i decided to use it anyway so i can use it up and last time i used it after i had taken my braids down and the nest day my hair was soft. So i guess maybe its kinda doin something. LOL

caress

I don't tend to buy what everyone is raving about anymore. What I do is browse in the beauty supply shop, looking at what certain products are supposed to do and their ingredients. Then I buy what looks good to me. This has been serving me pretty well.

Edited to add that I hated Elasta QP DPR 11 too.

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
balleryna said:
Yeah I would say samples are prob a good way to go.

I kinda know what you mean b/c what works beautifully for some may not work at all for others, or worse yet, may work Badly for others. You just kinda have to feel around and find what works for Your hair. Keep it simple at first. Stick with something for a while and give it a chance to work and to see results. Then maybe slowly add in one little experiment at a time... Just a thot...?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea.