AMAZING pro-marriage Christian website for singles!

Bunny77

Hi ladies! I couldn't wait to share this with you! Christine has lots of great videos, a book, and blog entries that address many of the issues that we've been talking about on this board. I hope that the single ladies here are encouraged by this site!!!

http://www.readytobeawife.com/

Please click on the link that has blog posts that specifically address singleness. Here's a really good entry!

http://readytobeawife.blogspot.com/2008/12/why-single-doesnt-prepare-your-for.html

Meet Christine

Christine Pembleton is a proud wife, mother, entrepreneur, teacher, talk show host, author, and minister of the Truth. With a sincere desire to encourage and empower women who want fulfillment and happiness in their marriages, she helps people understand the foundational truths of the Word of God through her ministry of writing, speaking and teaching.

In 2008, she established the Christian Wives Club Show (www.ChristianWivesClub.com), a weekly internet radio show for Christian wives and women desire to be married. The show airs every Sunday at 9 p.m. EST on BlogTalkRadio.

With guidance from the Lord, Christine was able to complete two products, designed to encourage and teach single women how to prepare to be wives. Dating Tips for Saved Women: The Series is a 2-part audio series. It covers the basics women need to know about choosing a Godly husband, and becoming a Godly wife, before marriage. Christine has also completed her first book, “Lord, I’m Ready to Be a Wife: The Complete Guide to Moving from Single to Married God’s Way”, scheduled for release in May 2009.

The oldest of six children, this native of Philadelphia, PA earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Temple University in 2000 and in that same year received the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the African American Chamber of Commerce in Philadelphia.

A project manager in the technology industry, Christine is currently pursuing an MBA in Business Management. She is also a licensed Elder from Temple Elim Prophetic Truth Ministries in Pennsauken, NJ.

Christine’s hobbies are gemstone collecting and creating new projects and initiatives. But she most enjoys spending time with her family. Married in 2005, she and her husband Robert reside in Philadelphia, PA, with their two daughters.

inthepink

Thanks Bunny! I just read through the post that you linked and wow - FINALLY - someone admits the truth! Single life can hinder you in a relationship! It's one of the things that I fear and feel that many people just don't "get" that sometimes the longer you are single, the more you are "used" to be single! Generally, it's due to necessity to just survive without lonliness but yet, I truly believe it may not be good once you do find someone/get married etc.

Irresistible

Thanks Bunny! I just read through the post that you linked and wow - FINALLY - someone admits the truth! Single life can hinder you in a relationship! It's one of the things that I fear and feel that many people just don't "get" that sometimes the longer you are single, the more you are "used" to be single! Generally, it's due to necessity to just survive without lonliness but yet, I truly believe it may not be good once you do find someone/get married etc.

Hairlove, I just witnessed this first hand , the man for me I believed to be the one and all that had been single and standing for ten years. He had a HARD time adjusting to being with someone , having to deal with my feelings, etc and alot of times reverted back to 'recluse' mode, its where he was most comfortable after ten years of it. Very sad, there were other issues, but I believe this to be the main one , he was 'awkward' in ways too , just how he expressed himself, nothing typical of a man knowing what to expect from a woman. it really got tiring for me and exhausting and its sad, he has no intentions on doing the work needed, its too much for him, he just went back to recluse mode.....sad

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
im sorry to report that the book is really nothing you should not already know. i read it in three hours. its a small book. if i had to rate it on a scale of one to five. i would give it a 2 just for the effort. i went in there with with a open mind but its really noting special. jmho. im sorry to let some people down.

inthepink

Hairlove, I just witnessed this first hand , the man for me I believed to be the one and all that had been single and standing for ten years. He had a HARD time adjusting to being with someone , having to deal with my feelings, etc and alot of times reverted back to 'recluse' mode, its where he was most comfortable after ten years of it. Very sad, there were other issues, but I believe this to be the main one , he was 'awkward' in ways too , just how he expressed himself, nothing typical of a man knowing what to expect from a woman. it really got tiring for me and exhausting and its sad, he has no intentions on doing the work needed, its too much for him, he just went back to recluse mode.....sad

That is really sad and shows some of my own worries. I worry that I won't know how to express my feelings and that I will be awkward because I just don't "know" and at this age, I am expected to "know." Still, I pray and try to have faith (try really hard) that the person God has for me will enable these things to not be an issue. I hope that I would not give up because it is too hard. But I understand that, you're having to change your life and yourself and that seems very hard.

Thanks for sharing what happened to you.

Irresistible

That is really sad and shows some of my own worries. I worry that I won't know how to express my feelings and that I will be awkward because I just don't "know" and at this age, I am expected to "know." Still, I pray and try to have faith (try really hard) that the person God has for me will enable these things to not be an issue. I hope that I would not give up because it is too hard. But I understand that, you're having to change your life and yourself and that seems very hard.

Thanks for sharing what happened to you.
yeah dont worry too much, I too also believe the person God has for you will love you through anything and even birth new things with you and in you

Fear not, He has just the right person for the person you are just as you are

This relationship was just not for me and was too much for me to handle in so many ways. I am at peace with that. But I DONT want you to fear/ because you know God is able to birth love and growth and bond two people together , if its his will and they both want it, there is no stopping it

hold on to your peace girl! :bighug:

Kacie

Wow! She has a post thanking LHCF for the flood of visitors :grin:. Thanks for sharing OP.