An alternative way to grow back your edges.....

Dellas

romero, maria_1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

romero, maria_1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

“These days, modern techniques of hair transplantation are NOT considered ‘plugs.’ “Hair Plugs” is a slang term which described old-style hair transplants which resulted in unnatural looking rows of tufts of hair—painful to have and painful to look at! Advanced hair transplantation techniques now allow for the comfortable transplantation of single hair follicles (not tufts) one at a time, so the end result (if planned and executed with artistry and precision) should look 100% natural and undetectable. Modern hair transplants performed by ABHRS-certified doctors are comfortable, and not painful or pluggy. Hair transplantation permanently restores living and growing hair to the severely depleted area as seen here in this example of a traction alopecia hair transplant patient of ours: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanbauman/sets/72157600016470078/
The most advanced hair transplant technique is called FUE/NeoGraft which allows for the harvesting of thousands of follicles during a single procedure WITHOUT leaving any linear scar. NeoGraft/FUE has been featured on Rachael Ray, CBS Early Show and in many other news stories. Hair Transplantation can be used for women suffering from female pattern hair loss, eyelash loss, eyebrow loss and those who desire female hairline lowering. As you can see the end result of transplantation is new, living and growing natural-looking hair in the bare areas.

I am one of the first surgeons in the world to routinely use NeoGraft/FUE, one of only 100 board-certified Hair Restoration Physicians and one of only 50 recommended by the American Hair Loss Association worldwide. http://www.baumanmedical.com is a great source of information on my practice which is exclusively dedicated to hair restoration for men and women. In my practice, I perform over 250 hair transplants each year. Today, 90% of all of our hair transplants are performed with FUE/NeoGraft.”

If Naomi doesn’t want to try hair grafting quite yet, she could also try using Latisse, a prescription drug designed to help grow eyelashes on the some of the affected areas around her hairline.

Board certified Manhattan plastic surgeon Dr. David Shafer says, “Lost of hair is a devastating thing. Hair transplantation can be very effective. Several patients have also said they use Latisse (the eyelash enhancer) on their eyebrows and hairline and have had great effects in terms of hairgrowth.”

Attachments

• naomi-campbell-losing-hair.jpg
    naomi-campbell-losing-hair.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 20

Carisa

Ive always heard that latisse stopped working when you stop applying it. Although i think these may be wonderful things for anyone considering regrowing thier edges and hairlines, i also think they should go to the doctor to make sure there is nothing medically wrong thats causing breakage. It still amuses me that they are selling glaucoma medication to help grow eyelashes! (and off subject- is that brandy in the photo in your siggy)

SimplyBlessed

The before and after look very natural!! :yep: ..my edges are thin but I'm trying natural products to regrow them (right now)...

this is all probably very expensive as well..

TamedTresses

Ive always heard that latisse stopped working when you stop applying it. Although i think these may be wonderful things for anyone considering regrowing thier edges and hairlines, i also think they should go to the doctor to make sure there is nothing medically wrong thats causing breakage. It still amuses me that they are selling glaucoma medication to help grow eyelashes! (and off subject- is that brandy in the photo in your siggy)

I know you were asking OP, but I see it's been a few days since you asked...that's Naomi Campbell.