Other An Alternative Way To Upload Photos

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Someone asked me about this in another thread, so I'm copying the info here.

Blessings, all!

TO SEE THE VIDEO MOST CLEARLY:
  1. At YouTube set the video to 720p by hovering at the bottom of the video and clicking the thing that pops up and looks like a GEAR. Select 720p.
  2. Then, watch the video in FULL SCREEN: Click on the rectangle in the lower-right-hand corner of the video (it pops up if you hover down there :smile: ).
--------------------------------------

Here is how I'm uploading photos (steps are listed below the video).

One Alternative Way to Share Photos in an LHCF Post

Steps:
  1. For the free image uploading capability, obtain/create a free wordpress.com blog account:
    1. Go to wordpress.com, and click "Get Started."
    2. Set your privacy settings to what you desire, such as the option to not have the blog show up in people's internet searches.

NOTE: You don't have to blog . . . You can just leave the blog itself blank and basically "nonexistent."
  2. On your computer:
    Have a folder where you collect the photos you want to share.
  3. Drag and drop the photo from your computer folder to your wordpress media collection.
  4. In the wordpress media collection:
    Get the url link to the photo you want to share. To do so:
    1. Make sure the photo you want is highlighted or selected.
    2. LEFT-click the EDIT button at the very top of the wordpress screen.
    3. Scroll down and LEFT-click the COPY button to copy the photo's url address.
    4. Left-click the DONE button.
  5. In the Longhaircareforum post where you want to display your photo:
    1. Click the "Image" button in the post menu -- It looks like a mountain range.
    2. Paste the photo's wordpress url address into the dialogue box that pops up . . . after the prompt "Image url:"
    3. Left-click the "Insert" button.
  6. Done!
  7. NOTE: You can ONLY resize and edit the photo in wordpress before copying the url for sharing. If you want the photo to be smaller, larger, or cropped, you'll have to delete the original from LHCF, go back to wordpress, edit the photo in wordpress, and then get a new url link for the newly edited version of the photo.