Andis - Ceramic Ionic Blow Dryer - I bought it

lana

Okay, why was I in target today knowing I was going to buy something...but anyways I went to Ulta yesterday and Sally's last week and I was just amazed at the high prices of sooo many blow dryers. I mean they are all doing the same thing or so I thought. I know to look for Cermic/Ionic and the blow dryers I liked all ranged from $30 - $200!!!

I decided while at Target to just see....so I bought the Andis 1875 watt Ceramic/Ionic blowdryer for just $19.99, yes, $20! I'm going to deep condition and blowdry using this and I wanted to know if anyone else wants to know about my results.

My current blow dryer is about 5 years old. It's a brand from Sally's and I paid like $40 for it.

I believe in owning nice appliances since I do my hair myself...but I would rather buy the FHI Runway than spend over $100 on a blow dryer. I rollerset most of the time anyways. But I do blow dry after week 8 of my texlax.

I'll post this week about my results. I uploaded a picture of the blow dryer. This is an old style I guess, but I'm going to try it and yes ladies...I kept my receipt. I already own the newer style blow dryer and it's lightweight but wearing out after so many years of use.

Attachments

• Andis.JPG
    Andis.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 75

poookie

i agree with this as well. as long as the blow dryer is ionic, & has at least 1700 watts, i see no reason to spend big bucks (over $50) on one.

but definitely keep the receipt. what i've found is that you do get what you pay for, in terms of quality. the cheaper the iron, the less likely it'll be to last years and years. the more expensive tools do have better warranties.

beans4reezy

Yes, please post a review. One of my cousin's borrowed my blow dryer and never gave it back and I am in the market for a new one. I'd like to know how the Andis works out for you.

NorthernCalGal

Okay, why was I in target today knowing I was going to buy something...but anyways I went to Ulta yesterday and Sally's last week and I was just amazed at the high prices of sooo many blow dryers. I mean they are all doing the same thing or so I thought. I know to look for Cermic/Ionic and the blow dryers I liked all ranged from $30 - $200!!!

I decided while at Target to just see....so I bought the Andis 1875 watt Ceramic/Ionic blowdryer for just $19.99, yes, $20! I'm going to deep condition and blowdry using this and I wanted to know if anyone else wants to know about my results.

My current blow dryer is about 5 years old. It's a brand from Sally's and I paid like $40 for it.

I believe in owning nice appliances since I do my hair myself...but I would rather buy the FHI Runway than spend over $100 on a blow dryer. I rollerset most of the time anyways. But I do blow dry after week 8 of my texlax.

I'll post this week about my results. I uploaded a picture of the blow dryer. This is an old style I guess, but I'm going to try it and yes ladies...I kept my receipt. I already own the newer style blow dryer and it's lightweight but wearing out after so many years of use.

I would like to hear your results. I'm in the market for new dryer myself. Thanks!

locabouthair

I have an andis that is ionic and tourmaline (sp?) and 1875 watts. I got it from target but it's different than the one you posted. I liked it just because my hair doesnt feel crispy and dry when I use it like other dryers.

ceebee3

Of course we want to hear the results! :grin:

I still haven't purchased a blow dryer and I was looking at this one.

mzsophisticated26

please let us know how u like it the price was reasonable.. I want a ceramic ionic blowdryer. I got the Conair pro yellowbird 1875 for a b-day gift last week but it's not ionic.

jamaraa

It's nice to see these ionic dryers and things so cheap these days. When I joined here, they were like :shock: . I've been considering a 2nd dryer to use because my Solano is SO heavy it's a pain. I was looking at the Andis Illuminator that's about $40 or so. Maybe Target has it cheaper than I've found online?

lana

You guys first of all I was having a lonely Monday and then I logged on and saw all these responses to my little I wonder if they care how the dryer works out for me post. :) I was so happy. :) Thanks. (Corny I know, but it's how I feel)

Anyways I didn't use the dryer UNTIL Saturday morning. I deep conditioned by letting Keracare sit on my hair overnight after my texlax on Friday. So the next morning I jumped up and rinsed my hair thoroughly and then I squeezed until if felt pretty well rung out and then I detangled gently and started at the front and top using the Andis handheld blow dryer. I noticed immediately that while it did dry fast, it wasn't giving me silky smooth hair. My hair felt crunchy and dry, but it was hitting the roots REALLY good, way better than I normally can with my other dryer. Anyways I did that one section on the left and then switched to my old dryer for the right and that gave me soft smooth hair...so I did the rest of my hair with my old dryer, even though I had to tape the attachment on and it still kept falling off (lol). I will be buying my old dryer in the newer style. (lol) I'm returning the Andis to Target. I know that wasn't what some wanted to hear, but anyways my old dryer only cost $40 and it is a Conair Yellow Bird and it works for me. I'll just buy the style.

I hope this review helped and thanks for listening. I really did not expect such a nice response guys. :) Made my day. Next time I'll check back faster.

lana

Looks like you picked up a good buy. How do you deep condition with this?

If I'm going to use a blowdryer with a comb attachment I always deep condition first with a nice conditioner like Keracare Humecto and sometimes I just walk around the house cleaning with a baggie on or I sit under my heating cap for 20 minutes OR I sit under my hooded dome dryer for 20 minutes OR (lol) I sleep with conditioner on my hair and then wake up and rinse like I did this time. It works great for deep conditioning and I had NO tangles.

I always use an instant conditioner and then I rinse that and then put on a deep conditioner. I hope that helps. I'm all about deep conditioning my hair, especially after a chemical service. I don't use protein often if at all.

supermodelsonya

Thanks for this. I'm looking at the GVP PRO at Sallys that's on sale for 29 bucks. It's supposed to be comparable to the CHI Rocket.

lana

Thanks for this. I'm looking at the GVP PRO at Sallys that's on sale for 29 bucks. It's supposed to be comparable to the CHI Rocket.

See you are going to have to buy it, post a review on it! I need to know how this works for you, because I will be buying a new blow dryer in the next two weeks. (lol) On sale! That's a great price! Please let us know how it works out for you and if you wouldn't mind posting your hair type. I have 4a/b hair and that matters when it comes to my hair appliances. :)

Last edited:

supermodelsonya

See you are going to have to buy it, post a review on it! I need to know how this works for you, because I will be buying a new blow dryer in the next two weeks. (lol) On sale! That's a great price! Please let us know how it works out for you and if you wouldn't mind posting your hair type. I have 4a/b hair and that matters when it comes to my hair appliances. :)

I most definitely will!!:yep: