Another Colorshines Rave!!

Kitkat

I couldn't take the time to post this at work today (they actually wanted me to work - can you imagine that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif). Anyhoo, I didn't think I'd see a difference on my hair - my hair is straight up 4b, with some 4a in the front, and I know Tracy (our resident expert) has hair in the 3 category. Well, I'm happy to report that I was wrong. I see a noticeable sheen all over! I used the Brilliant Brown shade. To me, the shade almost doesn't matter because my hair is black, so I don't see any tinge of color. But the shine is really great. I wish that this was like a semi-permanent color, so that the brown would show up at least in the light. I imagine that with no ammonia and peroxide, however, this wouldn't be possible. Thanks so much, Tracy, for recommending this product! I'm definitely a convert.

Tracy

Oh yes! Oh yes! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Screw a hair type girl - this stuff is da bomb! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Glad you liked it. :sing song voice: you might even see a little color if you apply something in the reeeeddd faaaamilyyyyy.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I applied it to my gf's hair who would probably describe hers as 4z /images/graemlins/grin.gif and her hair was definitely shining.....

SO HAPPY FOR YOU. And it benefits the hair as well. Otherwise I'm not so sure I'd use it as often or as religiously as I do. Beauty and health - a winning combination. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi Five KitKat!! A fellow Colourshines convert!! I'm glad you like. I'm not expert on hair colouring but I did like Tracy's suggestion on perhaps trying a red hued one some time to see if that shows up better colour wise?

Glad you like /images/graemlins/grin.gif Enjoy!!!

Kitkat

Thanks, BrownRelaxedHair and Tracy! BTW, Brown Relaxed, your hair looks fantastic! The shine, the color - looks MAH-velous!! And we already know that Tracy, our former featured hair model, has an awesome head of hair. Red family, huh? Hmmmm - I'll have to give that a shot next time! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Armyqt

Great KitKat!! Another satisfied customer. I ordered mine today. With all the rave, I just could not let this pass me by. I am contemplating whether or not I should wait on my next relaxer. But then and again, it my help my hair if I do it before. Tracy, any suggestions? I will definitely post a review and a pic once I get it done. Thanx ladies! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

AQT - Hi nena. You can do it RIGHT now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Ya know ya wanna....

But seriously...If the relaxer is in the next two to three weeks then wait. Not because of any chemical issues. But just because you might as well since the realxer is bound to remove some of it. But if you have a month or so to go get out your gloves and go to it....
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Armyqt

Thanks Tracy. I'm still debating on when I'm gonna do the relaxer. I've been experiencing some shedding and I can't seem to pinpoint why. Now I'm starting to think I may need a relaxer. I'm gonna give it another week. If it stops, I will relax it Dec. If it doesn't, it will be sooner. I'll keep ya posted.

Hey Armygt! I just wanted to say you have gawgus hair!!! Its sooo healthy looking with great length. Very very nice indeed.

Let us know what you think of Colourshines when you eventually give it a try /images/graemlins/wink.gif

diva4life

Hi Tracy! I have a question about this colorshines stuff you all have been a-gushing about. If I want to experiment with another color, say something in the RED family, should I first cover the gray that is so persistent around the front of my hairline. I want to experiment, but don't want my grap to end up hot pink or something. Please advise s'il vous-plait.

Tracy

diva4life:

that may be one of the few questions I can't answer. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't use it to cover gray on myself, nor do I know anyone with gray that uses it so that I might draw from their experience for you... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

fletgee

<font color="green"> </font color> Hi Diva! I also use and love Colorshines. I have brown hair with natural light brown highlights and (gasp!) gray. When I use the red tone my gray has a red cast and looks like more highlights in my hair. No pink here! I do not do anything other then apply the Colorshines per the instructions.

diva4life

Thanks Fletgee. I will probably do my colorshines a couple of weeks after my relaxer because I hv always wanted to try a reddish color but never really had the nerve until now. How long does the application last?

Lucia

Londondiva your dolls are kicking some serious bootay!!!
I still can't get a pic up yet, I can't seem to get the url.

Tracy

Hi guys - there's so many of these threads now it's hard to keep track and answer all the questions! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Okay - how long it lasts really depends on you. Your hair, how often you wash, what kind of shampoo you use. So I can't give a time frame on this.

My hair is fine, I wash it 2-3 times a week with a clarifying shampoo a lot of the time. My Sebastian lasts about 4 weeks. If I wash a lot more than that it doens't last as long....

Lucia: I'm not familiar with a "crystal" color???? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll check out your link to see what you mean - but I have use da color called glorious gold. I tended to use it on my hair when I had highlights. I am using it now on top of my color sometimes because I like a warm look. Lemme check your link - but that crystal has me stumped....

Tracy

Lucia,

I dug around in the site and I didn't see the Colorshines anywhere on there...I saw no Sebastian products at all....

Can you point me in the right direction?