Another Curlformers Thread, Everyone post your Results and Reviews here

Romey

I bought the salon kit from Sally's today after seeing the results. The kit came with 46 curlformers(40 long & wide, & 6 short & wide) for $60, which is little savings from purchasing the multiple rod packs & hook individually.

I'm under the dryer and can't wait to see if works for me.

Thanks ladies for sharing your experience...I hope to have the same!!

sydwrites

I'm sure it will work for you, btw I got some last week because I wanted to use that coupon before it expired so I tried them on the sew-in im currently rocking. There are pics in the challenge updates folder of my fotki, check my siggy for the link.

AfroKink

Thanks, I let it air dry overnight. I'm curious to see how it looks tomorrow.

Lys

They didn't hold up too well over night. Days 1-3 are in my album. I don't know how I'm going to preserve them in the future. I don't want to use a setting lotion that's too strong. I don't want hard hair...

Lys

LayneJ

They didn't hold up too well over night. Days 1-3 are in my album. I don't know how I'm going to preserve them in the future. I don't want to use a setting lotion that's too strong. I don't want hard hair...

Lys

The same thing happened with another Type 4 natural. :ohwell:

Do you think it's just type 4 hair, or do the curls not hold up well, regardless of hair texture/type?

AfroKink

The same thing happened with another Type 4 natural. :ohwell:

Do you think it's just type 4 hair, or do the curls not hold up well, regardless of hair texture/type?

I'm not sure really. I'm going to have to search and see what other ladies are doing to maintain other types of rollersets

Lys

Leslie_C

I used curlformers on my wedding day...the pic in my avi is what they looked like from being outside on the beach in the heat/humidity/wind. Here is what they looked like before going outside

ChocoKitty

I used curlformers on my wedding day...the pic in my avi is what they looked like from being outside on the beach in the heat/humidity/wind. Here is what they looked like before going outside

Beautiful! I love your skin and make up too. :yep:

tapioca_pudding

I have a question for you ladies:

I realize that each different color curlformer makes a different curl (faces a different direction). I can't figure out, tho, what curlformer to put where!!! :wallbash: I always end up with curls pointing away from my head or with the ends sticking away from my head. They don't lay nicely like you guys'; I always have to 'work' with them. :rolleyes: :lol:

How do you all know which ones to use? Do you all just alternate randomly, or is there a method to the madness?

I hope this made sense.. :drunk:

silvergirl

I have a question for you ladies:

I realize that each different color curlformer makes a different curl (faces a different direction). I can't figure out, tho, what curlformer to put where!!! :wallbash: I always end up with curls pointing away from my head or with the ends sticking away from my head. They don't lay nicely like you guys'; I always have to 'work' with them. :rolleyes: :lol:

How do you all know which ones to use? Do you all just alternate randomly, or is there a method to the madness?

I hope this made sense.. :drunk:

i alternate mine. or try to at least.
i have the pink and orange so i pink, orange, pink, orange mine all the way to the top . sometimes if i see too much of one color in a certain area, then ill use the opposite color :yep:

i think it looks more natural that way when its finger combed through

tapioca_pudding

i alternate mine. or try to at least.
i have the pink and orange so i pink, orange, pink, orange mine all the way to the top . sometimes if i see too much of one color in a certain area, then ill use the opposite color :yep:

i think it looks more natural that way when its finger combed through
Thank you!!! :D

caribgirl

MissAlyssa, LeslieC, and Shadylane:

Wow! Those curls look so beautiful!!!!! Shady, I liked how your curls look combed through slightly in the back :yep:.

spicyhoney

Update: So, I returned the long & narrow curlformers and got 3 packs of extra long & wide and 1 pack of the long and wide and I like the results that I got and they were long enough.

sydwrites

Ive been using weaves and wigs as protective styles, but I used the curlformers on them too! I just added the pics of long and wide on my wig. fotki is in my siggy.