Another Lurker comes forth.... kinda long

SoAnxious12

Yes I am coming out! I don't really post much because so many other ladies handle the advice or solve the problem so I just sort of sit back. But I have a big update. I am no longer transitioning and i have about 7in(guessing) of 100% natural hair. I did a big uneven chop and that was it. Oh i thought i was all natural before my BC but i had like 5inches of relaxed ends in the front. So i chopped my relaxed ends (and so much more) and i was left with beautiful ringlets that contrary to what i thought before not 2c or 3b or 3b/c but 3c curls. Well after my chop i started straightening my hair a lot with old, greasy, far from ceramic, hot comb; without any heat protectant. So as you might have guessed i got heat damage like no other. One side is a completely different texture than the other which makes life very hard. But i just wanted to give my update and if anyone can help me with my heat damage thats nice and I just wanted to say hello over again.

SoAnxious12

Sorry Babyray if my post sounds a whole lot like yours i shoulda said something in the thread but your post is what inspired me to re-introduce myself.

imani97

Welcome! You are so brave for big chopping. I'm sure you'll get that heat damage under control soon enough! :)

firecracker

Howdy Now!!:grin: I am newly natural also. BC'd March 2005 4 1/2 inches now! Humectress conditioner is really good on damaged hair. I suggest you use thermal hair products if your going to use heat no matter what the hair type. After hearing about the way the hair texture changes after a press, flat iron etc I am leery on trying heat later. I will see what I decide once I get about 7-8 inches. :confused:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Congrats on your BC! I'm sorry to hear about the heat damage, I have some too. The only thing you can really do is grow it out or cut it off. I've been making sure I keep my hair moisturized to avoid breakage and using non heat styles like twists and wash n go's. I've been using "Nourish" conditioner from trader joes. It cost about $2.50. It makes my hair feel really soft and I havent noticed any build up. Good luck!

SoAnxious12

Thank you everyone. I'll try the humectress suggestion. I did a lot of research and found out that the only things i can really do is grow it or cut it like someone mention before. Thanks for the warm welcomes and suggestions.

Babyray

SoAnxious12 said:
Sorry Babyray if my post sounds a whole lot like yours i shoulda said something in the thread but your post is what inspired me to re-introduce myself.
Well, I don't know what inspired you but thanks .