another messed up relaxer

Nubianrose

awright ladies, i applied motions oil relaxer (regular) last night on my semi-virgin 4bbb (tight tight curls) hair and left it on for 30 minutes. Nothing got straightened the way it was supposed to. and i missed some smoothing parts, so i still got a hella thick texturized/natural hair on my head. here's what i think im gonna do..braid it back in cornrows till about tuesday then imma relax it again and make sure to pay attn to the parts that didn't get done right, cuz i didn't get alot of the hair near my roots..god i jus got scared and took it out too early. cuz usually at the salon my junk gets left on for a good 40 minutes..dah well, let me know what yall think.

Nubianrose

pebbles

Nubianrose,

Did you apply the relaxer yourself? If you did, can you get someone to help you next time?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I'm no expert and I don't know anything about your hair except what you've said here, but...
I wouldn't relax again so soon. I'd braid it up and wait at least 5 weeks before I tried again.

LondonDiva

Nubianrose, is it possible that you overprocessed your hair rather than thinking you under processed it?

I agree with sassygirl wait before you do it again or better yet get it done professionally.

Kitkat

NubianRose, I agree with Pebbles, SassyGirl and LondonDiva. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as if you haven't relaxed your own hair very often. If this is the case, you should either get someone to help you or go to a salon. If the relaxer was on your hair for 30 minutes, that's a LONG time, girl! It's likely that your hair might be overprocessed. If I were you, I'd wait some time before relaxing again, making sure to do deep conditioning treatments along the way. Relaxing again this Tuesday might be way too soon. Good luck and keep us posted.

Tonya

Nubian rose it could be that the Motions Oil Moisturizer does not work fr you. I used the same relaxer and got the same results. my hair was no starighter than it was before. If I were you I would wait awhile and go get it done profesionally you do nto want to take the chance of it not coming out wrong again...
Also.... 30 to 40 minutes is TOO LOONNGG to leave a eprm on ...girl I woudl be scared my hair would rinse out with the perm. So good luck and let us know how you come out.

Nubianrose

Thanks for the replies ladies..no i don't think that my hair is overprocessed-its very resistant. 30-40 min is an average time it takes for my hair to be relaxed when its done at home,but i do agree it seems a very long time to leave it on..it could be the relaxers that i use tho-most likely it is. At the salon they usually use Affirm on me and it seems to work quicker than motions did. the only reason that i don't want to go back to the salon is that they broke my hair off in the first place..i had a bald spot from a bad touch-up and don't want to go through that again. If anyone has any good salon recommendation in the Baltimore, MD please hit me up.
As for what i'm gonna do with my hair, i will be braiding and doing braidouts and get cornrows, keep it moisturized with s-curl and i will be following the anti-breakage program on Motions.com. It says to wash with Motions CPR conditioner-ONLY, and wash every four days. Hopefully this should keep any breakage i have at bay.
Thanks again ladies.
Nubianrose

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If anyone has any good salon recommendation in the Baltimore, MD please hit me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should e-mail Carolyn Gray, author of "The Black Woman's Guide to Beautiful, Healthier Hair in 6 Weeks!" She lives in the DC/MD/VA area. She's really nice about answering e-mails. I've seen her posts in a hair forum, but for the life of me I can't remember which one. Sorry!
Her e-mail is:
[email protected]