Another Photo Question (sorry)

Aerie17

Ever since I heard about the problem with using other's bandwidth, I have been trying to put in a photo as my avatar from my own photo source. I have been uploading photos to my site to then load to this site. The photos start off with .jpg file extensions and then change to .jpeg. Or, they are .jpeg to start with. I am unable to use these because this site says it's okay to use .gif and .jpg (and one other type),file extensions. The one .gif file I found distorted once it got here. I have no clue what the difference is between .jpeg and .jpg. I only understand that they are for photos and .jpeg seems to be more prevalent. Is there any way that I can use the .jpeg files? Is there a way to convert them to .jpg? Help!

Tara

I had posted a photo about a month ago maybe, and now when I go back to the photo album, my pic is gone. I also notice there are others that are missing, and there are only four pics.

What happened to the other pictures?

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
The photo gallery has a problem which relates to our host. We are currently working to solve it. The pictures are still there only they are not visible so don't worry.

I will try and get this sorted ASAP.

Nikos

Aerie17

[ QUOTE ]
dimopoulos said:
Sorry for the late reply Aerie. You can now use .jpeg files

Nikos

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nikos,
I have been trying but am unsuccessful getting the .jpeg file to work. I keep getting a note that says "wrong picture type," or "we cannot proceed." What am I doing wrong? Thanks.