Another Phytorelaxer Review.

ClassicChic

Well where do I start. I decided to relax yesterday and I almost went to the store to buy a lye relaxer because I was a little scared. So I said what the heck. I split it ( Phytorelaxer Index 2) in half since it was 60 bucks - at the least I can get two touch-ups. I parted my hair in 4 sections like I usually do. As I was appying the first section I got nervous because no one mention that it would be creamy and not thick like lye relaxers. Then I did the second section. I went back to the first and I could tell that my hair was straight. So I started to move a little faster since my hair was processing fast. Now I am at the back two sections and WOOOOOOOOOOO I am burning. Oh my so now I am moving because I do not know what I did - I did not scratch I do not think. So I do what I can and then I rinse. I had to neutralize about 6 times. I applied the milky reconstructor for about 10 minutes and then applied Mizani Moisturefuse. Wrapped, sat under dryer, and flat ironed. I trimmed about 1/2 inch. Oh, I have a nasty scalp burn in the back.

Pro:
:) My hair was very soft and shiny. Oh it has so much shine and this is day 2. I loves the way it made my hair feel. My hair is fuller and has body. This relaxer is very conditioning. My hair is pretty much bone straight but not without life.

Con:
As with any relaxer be careful because I was burned. :confused: I love to play with my new growth so I may have irritated my scalp. I will be sure not to do this again. Second, this is a very expensive relaxer.

Overall, I will have to evaluate my hair health in a few weeks. So far I am pleased with my experience. Next time I will buy Index 1 that way I will not have to rush as I did. Too be honest I wish I had tried this about a year ago when I ordered it from hairboutique but got chicken and sent it back. Sorry no pics - toooo much debt right now to get a digi.

I am officially on the Phyto bandwagon for now!!:grin:

Keen

Cherokee, I'm surprise to hear that you got burn. Every review I've read so far said that there was no burning whatsoever. What is your hair type? I'm 4B and thinking of getting index 1. How much new growth did you have? Was half of the relaxer enough for the retouch?

ClassicChic

Keen said:
Cherokee, I'm surprise to hear that you got burn. Every review I've read so far said that there was no burning whatsoever. What is your hair type? I'm 4B and thinking of getting index 1. How much new growth did you have? Was half of the relaxer enough for the retouch?

I was even more surprised when I started to burn. Right now I will contribute this to constantly touching my new growth. I am only burned in one place in my nape area and it was not my entire head. Other than that there was no burning. I am a 4a/b and I had about 1 inch of growth. Half of the relaxer was more than enough for me. I used Index 2 and my hair straight. Next time I will be buying Index 1.

MonaLisa

See...I asked people to refer to the "I'm Sorry PhytoPusha" thread before using this product.

The apology in advance/disclaimer can be found in that thread for any inconvenience, pain, etc. that you may have experienced using this product.

*tosses cape, flies out of thread...*

*shaking head in disbelief at the burning statement :( *

hopeful

Be careful cherokee,
The burning in the nape area scares me. Maybe you should do like a lot of the other ladies and give that area a rest--relax less often and for shorter periods of time. Good luck with index 1.

Nice

I am pretty surprise that you burned with Phyto. I always burned with other relaxers and this is the only relaxer where I felt absolutely nothing.

ClassicChic

hopeful said:
Be careful cherokee,
The burning in the nape area scares me. Maybe you should do like a lot of the other ladies and give that area a rest--relax less often and for shorter periods of time. Good luck with index 1.

Thanks Hopeful. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This is still a chemical therefore no scratching/massaging the scalp prior. If I had used lye the same thing would have happened. It wa just one small area about the size of a penny.