Another Police Shooting (murder Of Atatiana Jefferson)

Theresamonet

This is not a Guyger part 2. The police have always been trigger happy, killing people in their own homes. There are many stories like this. The Guyger situation was different because she claimed to believe it was her home. That was a twist. This is more of the same.

I’m sure the neighbor who called for a wellness check feels awful. This is why I don’t call the police for :censored:

Southernbella.

This is not a Guyger part 2. The police have always been trigger happy, killing people in their own homes. There are many stories like this. The Guyger situation was different because she claimed to believe it was her home. That was a twist. This is more of the same.

I’m sure the neighbor who called for a wellness check feels awful. This is why I don’t call the police for Sh :censored: t.

He does. He said he feels like it's partly his fault. But he didn't even call 911, he called non emergency. It makes no sense that they rolled up loaded for bear.

And ITA. This is nothing like the Guyger case.

discodumpling

I see the body cam footage is already out there fast as heck..probably cause this is a Black cop killing a Black woman.
Also I'm tired of weak minded cops. How is it that we are supposed to keep clear cool and calm and these folks STAY nervous?? Also how are you nervous from a shadow inside of a house?? Sorry yall I have more questions than answers. It's so frustrating....and scary.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That Arlington shooting had occurred in August and first time I'm hearing about it.... after looking at the police clips a couple fact stuck out:

1) The cop was a rookie Asian-American male

2) The woman killed was falsely identified as a "black female lying in the grass" by the white guy who called the cops

3) Turns out the woman was white, homeless and a daughter of a fire chief...

4) She was well-known in that area to hang around like that; so this cop likely wasn't familiar with her nor was YT dude who called the cops

Other than the cops likely approached the woman lying in the grass armed, because he likely thought she was a black female... these two shootings are apples and oranges.

I agree these cops are really trigger-happy.. in this case a rookie who is scared of a small/medium sized dog... It was not a racially explosive shooting, like Saturday's shooting.

I'm flabbergasted they approached that woman's house like a SWAT team, instead of entering through the front door, announcing themselves. Is it because it's a black neighborhood? That clearly was not a "welfare check" approach

There is another shooting in Arlington. He was responding to a call about a woman lying in the grass.

When he approaches her a dog comes running up to him and he pulls his gun shouting at the dog 3x and shots the woman in her chest.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...exas-police-officer-shoot-dog-woman-arlington

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Something's in the air down there...
Hall started her new job as police chief in September 2017...

@discodumpling The cop is white. This country is nuts. The police chief of Dallas police department is a black woman yet this continues to happen. I have so many questions. Botham Jean was killed September of last year and 1 year later this happens. Is this their hunting season?

Miss_Luna

What kind of scary arse cops are out here, where your first response is to shoot to kill?

Every time something like this happens, the cops claim they were in fear of their life. Then you shouldn't be a cop, if you are always scared. WTF? Scared of a dog, so you shoot it three times?

I haven't read all of the articles and I can't bear to read too much more because this breaks my heart and literally makes me sick to my stomach. I'm so pissed off; I can't even stand to look at the lazy cops at the train stations. There is no justification, nothing to read, no excuses. The cop needs to be charged with murder. *** that.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Why was there a wellness check in the first place? The poor guy that called it in...There are so many unanswered questions like WHY didn't they just knock on the door? Did they really park around the corner? Why were approaching like they were a SWAT team? What was said in the non-emergency call...anything to provoke that kind of action?

Are we so desperate for officers that unqualified people are just sliding on in...and handed guns?

meka72

Cop resigned though police chief said that was supposed to have been fired today for violating policies.

Mayor/city manager said that there will be 3rd party to determine needed changes in police department. The FBI/DoJ has been asked to determine whether Atatianna’s murder was a federal civil rights violation.

Quick notes from press conference.

Southernbella.

Ugh. I wonder what the resignation means in the grand scheme of things.