Another school shooting 5/24

fifi134

I’m a former teacher, last year was my last year teaching after 5 years. I had a great district, got along with my coworkers and only left because I’m in grad school. I was just asked to sub for a former coworker of mine who’ll be out for a week, and I wanna say no because of this. It was always in the back of my mind that a school shooting could happen. You could be the nicest, best teacher and that means nothing when a stranger could come in and kill at random.

This country is and always was unsustainable.

nichelle02

I don't have hope that it will change. I'm jaded. After Sandy Hook in which little white children were murdered without anything changing, I figured there was nothing that would make a difference.

I flipped through some channels. First, I saw Senator Chris Murphy pleading with the Senate to do something. He's from Connecticut and fought hard for change after Sandy Hook. Then I saw commentators on Fox blaming the administration for not using covid funding to place armed guards at every elementary school.

I have been politically active since I was old enough to vote. And I won't give up. But this is incomprehensible.

LivingInPeace

I don't have hope that it will change. I'm jaded. After Sandy Hook in which little white children were murdered without anything changing, I figured there was nothing that would make a difference.

I flipped through some channels. First, I saw Senator Chris Murphy pleading with the Senate to do something. He's from Connecticut and fought hard for change after Sandy Hook. Then I saw commentators on Fox blaming the administration for not using covid funding to place armed guards at every elementary school.

I have been politically active since I was old enough to vote. And I won't give up. But this is incomprehensible.
I'm tired. Its triggering. What more can even be said at this point?
Absolutely nothing will change in this country. If Congress did nothing to control this gun madness after Sandy Hook and then weren't concerned when their workplace, the Capitol was overrun with lunatics who threatened to hang the Vice President, there is no chance that this incident will be a catalyst.

shasha8685

Please forgive this random stream of consciousness.....

I don't understand how this country continues to value guns more than lives. I remember being an 8th grader watching the events of Columbine unfold and here we are 23 yrs later and absolutely nothing has changed!

When I was teaching, my heart broke after every active shooter drill. The fact that my students had to do them in the first place combined with the fact the only helpful thing I could tell them was to cower in the corner of my room never sat right with me.

My prayers go out to this community.

Kalia1

My heart goes out to the parents and loved ones of the children who were lost as well as the families and loved ones of the adults. This country MUST act not only through legislation yet also on a familial level in regards to guns.

The NRA and other gun lobbyists must begin to understand that strict laws MUST be implemented across this country!
Gun violence is taking too many lives!

To hear that the gunman killed his Grandmother earlier today is horrifying!
What is going on out here!?!

Jmartjrmd

Maybe that will cut off the 'best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun narrative' earlier rather than later.
He shot both officers.
I read a nearby border patrol officer was the one who responded before backip arrived snd shot and killed the shooter otherwise he would of killed many more of those babies.
Also heard it was planned and he at some point warned "the kids should be careful."

ScorpioBeauty09

The GOP have blood on their hands but so do the Democrats.
The Democratic establishment still endorses candidates sponsored by the gun lobby. See Cuellar in TX28.
Biden says "we" need to do better. Who is "we"? Most of the country wants gun reform, common sense background checks. And one major political party prevents that from happening.

I'm sick of the Democrats' weak messaging on gun control, abortion and everything else. Call the GOP out.

PatDM'T

I got into a
discussion about
how important I
felt background
checks were with
a couple of Trumpers.
They disagreed with me.

They claimed that
background checks would
bar them from
having guns because