Another school shooting 5/24

Theresamonet

The child and four of his classmates were likely saved by their decision to hide under a table with an overhanging table cloth, obscuring them from the shooter's sight, according to the report. The boy said the shooter retaliated against one of his classmates after police offers outside the room urged them to yell if they needed help. One of his classmates responded, inspiring the gunman the shoot her.

"When the cops came, the cop said: 'Yell if you need help!' And one of the persons in my class said 'Help!' The [shooter] overheard and he came in and shot her," the child told KENS 5.

Wait! Why the hell would they be telling the kids to yell if they need help, while they’re hiding from an active shooter? That doesn’t sound right at all.

brg240

Republicans kill me with it's not the lax gun Laws and violent gun culture but mental health.

If It's mental health idk push for better mental healthcare. Don't cut funding for Medicare.

But we can't have good gun laws and we cant have health care. :( I guess we just have to mourne people every other week and listen tio empty platitudes from politicians.

My heart breaks for these families and the community.

I can't imagine the pain of the parents trying to go in but the police prevented them

brg240

copying a comment from reddit about this.

"So they initially said that 3 officers (one school cop, 2 regular cops) engaged with the shooter and exchanged gunfire, injuring two officers, before the shooter entered the building.

Now A FULL 48 HOURS AFTER THE SHOOTING the police are completely changing their story
. Saying the cops never encountered the shooter until after he entered.

Why are they changing their story now? What are they trying to hide? An officer being injured would be pretty ****ing clear if it happened outside the school or inside."

Reporters really need to change how they report about the police. You can't take what they say as an absolute truth. Sprinkle in some allegedlys.

Last edited:

Everything Zen

I’m not mad at parents buying those backpacks. It’s the only thing you know your kids will have every single day. They want to do anything they can to protect their kids. It’s obvious the politicians and police won’t get it done.
I know and understand the concept but I’m beyond frustrated we’re at this point in our country.

yamilee21

It shouldn’t just be a protest outside of the NRA convention in Houston. It should be like a super-size version of the harassment the right-to-forced-birth people do outside of Planned Parenthood… but with posters of the victims of NRA-encouraged violence everywhere, and so many protesters that the attendees are forced to turn around and leave.

Black Ambrosia

This is going to be a big scandal. I heard that police officers were going in, getting their own kids and running out.
The fact that the story has changed about the school officer is very telling. First he existed and engaged with the shooter. Now he wasn’t there at all. Waiting an hour while an active shooter is in a school building. Sketchy details on the number of people shot. No details on the people wounded. Sounds like they were just too afraid to act. When it all comes out it will be ugly.

Evolving78

The fact that the story has changed about the school officer is very telling. First he existed and engaged with the shooter. Now he wasn’t there at all. Waiting an hour while an active shooter is in a school building. Sketchy details on the number of people shot. No details on the people wounded. Sounds like they were just too afraid to act. When it all comes out it will be ugly.
I think they waited on purpose.