Another Swimming While Black Incident

Keen

I like how calm she was, but cringed when she said "He asked me for my address, I gave it to him" sighh... we really need to stop giving out personal info on a dime to white folks, just cause they ask!
Other than that, she handled herself well
That's what I was thinking. I don't know you. For all I know, you could be a serial killer trying to get my personal information.

TCatt86

I like how calm she was, but cringed when she said "He asked me for my address, I gave it to him" sighh... we really need to stop giving out personal info on a dime to white folks, just cause they ask!
Other than that, she handled herself well
Exactly. Who is he to give any information to? We are so used to qualifying out existence to these white folks..It needs to stop. Because as you can see having her address was not enough.

LivingInPeace

What gave him the right to demand her identification? Why didn’t he have to verify that he had the proper ID to use the pool? Is he on the staff? If they think I’m going to be handing over my “freedom papers” to every nosy white person who demands them, they have a whole situation coming.

nysister

I'm not watching this before I hurt someone.

Call the police. Tell them you're being harassed and fear being assaulted. If you don't trust the cops tell the cops you're calling the local news as well.

Don't give these folks anything they ask for. Put them in the place they belong...under your foot, and keep moving.

Annnnnd let Black Twitter do its thing and find these fools.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^lol

In all fairness, the officer should've had "Adam" also scan his card as well. He didn't even want to apologize and acted like she wasn't even there. But typical, when people show you who they are - believe them. WHERE did this incident occur, anyway OP?

CurlyNiquee

^^lol

In all fairness, the officer should've had "Adam" also scan his card as well. He didn't even want to apologize and acted like she wasn't even there. But typical, when people show you who they are - believe them. WHERE did this incident occur, anyway OP?

I think it happened in Glen Ridge, NJ.

ETA: It was actually Winston-Salem, North Carolina. @Laela

Last edited:

CurlyNiquee

I'm not watching this before I hurt someone.

Call the police. Tell them you're being harassed and fear being assaulted. If you don't trust the cops tell the cops you're calling the local news as well.

Don't give these folks anything they ask for. Put them in the place they belong...under your foot, and keep moving.

Annnnnd let Black Twitter do its thing and find these fools.

The police were there too, she was talking to them along with the racist idiot who called them.

dyh080

Did y’all hear the Becky say “my son is also black”. That’s why they adopt these black kids. It’s an upgrade from “Im not racist, I have a black friend”.
Yeah, I think they use them as trophies..."look at me....I'm not racist".

My Korean friend told me they hate seeing Asian children adopted by white families because they don't believe they do it out of love for the child. Their belief is the child is a mere accessory or even like a pet.