Any Clarifying Shampoo works wonders!

pmichael52172

I've been on my low-no heat challenge for about 4 months, and since our recent bout of humid weather my hair had been losing the fight. Add that to needing a relaxer and my hair and ends would look crinkly and dry although very hydrated and soft to the touch.

I figured a good conditioning would do but was afraid to because of how puffier my hair usually gets after a wash/set when it's close to touch up time.

I said, why not and decided to clarify first. I have clarified several times before with good success but have never been wow'ed like I was this week. I used a cheapie VO5 Vanilla Mint (smelled good), then followed with my regular Kenra Moisturizing shampoo (just to get rid of the hard feeling) and applied my Pantene Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask. I slapped on a cap instead of sitting under the dryer so I could cook and do work.

I rinsed it out after about and hour or so and as usual my hair was soft and sleek. That was the Pantene conditioner for sure. Because of the new growth, I decided to wrap it instead of the usual roller setting and went to bed damp. The next morning I got up and used my carusos and my strands and ends felt strong, hydrated and my hair glistens! That was about 4 days ago and my hair is still the same - looking and feeling great. Granted, my new growth is fighting back but I could actually prolong my touch up because of this.

I attribute this to the clarifying shampoo first and I'm sure the Deep conditioning helped as well. This will be my favorite combo from now on.

I a

sareca

I've been looking to get something cheaper that won't not strip my hair.

Last edited:

Allandra

Hey girlie, :wave:

A good ole shampoo with a clarifying shampoo can do wonders. I'm glad it worked out for you. :)

pmichael52172

I hate that hard-stripped feeling too. This shampoo makes my hair feel the same way but I'm thinking it's because it's working right... clarifying. That's why I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.

Hey Allandra, I was just thinking about you this morning. Gonna e-mail you tomorrow... leaving for the day soon.

Allandra

I hate that hard-stripped feeling too. This shampoo makes my hair feel the same way but I'm thinking it's because it's working right... clarifying. That's why I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.

Hey Allandra, I was just thinking about you this morning. Gonna e-mail you tomorrow... leaving for the day soon.
Cool. . . :)