Any good stylists in B'ham, AL

1misslady

Hi all,

I was searching and found this site alot great info. This is my 1st post and I was not sure where to post this. I am a current resident in B'ham, AL area and I am originally from Queens,NY. I wish I can fly back on the regular and see my Dominican stylists in NYC because I have lost alot of hair since I've been here. I know there are no Dominican salons or stylists that I can find here. I do it myself cause I'm scared too death. I'm looking for a quick weave/sew-in on relaxed hair for my anniversary in Mid-March but also for long term hair car as well. Me being a working mom, wife, and student it makes it so tough to care for my hair properly. I have been so disappointed with the stylists in this area. I don't want to give up on "Da Ham" but I am willing to travel to Atlanta to good professional stylist if need be and that cares about my hair too and for reasonable prices. The last stylist I went to for 7 months, it was all about payment w/no healthiness or growth actually it is worse off now. My last & final visit was in January, I think right around the time I joined this site.

Ugggh!, I'm so disgusted but sorry for ranting, ladies lol. Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm originally from B'ham. Camisha Rivers Hair is a good stylist that believes in healthy hair care. I'm trying to look up her current information for you. As soon as I get it I'll come back and post it.

NaturalJai

There are really NO good stylists that care about the health of your hair, use good products and know how to style (sad but so true) you either find one without the other. Mostly if I can find a stylist that can style good I don't mind taking my own products. For weaves/sew ins on relaxed hair, Sorry I don't have any suggestions for this kind of service. I ususally go to salons for services on my natural hair.

SunySydeofLyfe

I am from Bessemer and like stated above it may be hard to find one over the other, I will ask a few of my tried and true in B'ham and see if I can find you someone.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=310507" said:
1misslady[/URL] ;12872959]Hi all,

I was searching and found this site alot great info. This is my 1st post and I was not sure where to post this. I am a current resident in B'ham, AL area and I am originally from Queens,NY. I wish I can fly back on the regular and see my Dominican stylists in NYC because I have lost alot of hair since I've been here. I know there are no Dominican salons or stylists that I can find here. I do it myself cause I'm scared too death. I'm looking for a quick weave/sew-in on relaxed hair for my anniversary in Mid-March but also for long term hair car as well. Me being a working mom, wife, and student it makes it so tough to care for my hair properly. I have been so disappointed with the stylists in this area. I don't want to give up on "Da Ham" but I am willing to travel to Atlanta to good professional stylist if need be and that cares about my hair too and for reasonable prices. The last stylist I went to for 7 months, it was all about payment w/no healthiness or growth actually it is worse off now. My last & final visit was in January, I think right around the time I joined this site.

Ugggh!, I'm so disgusted but sorry for ranting, ladies lol. Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

the best "undetectable weavologist:look:" is in Montgomery (1 hr away)
but pM me I can find a good one for you

I'm thinking I would just travel if you don't find one (what I always did)

there is a shop behind TJMaxx, and sits directly next to Sitel, across from Western Hill Mall:look:... a guy named Kevin is the great on bouncing/body relaxed hair:look:
walk around the galleria & find someone with gorgeous hair... go there (also what I did:grin:)

yeah I know...:grin::lachen: pM me

Last edited:

blksndrlla

^ I used to go to Pedestals when I lived in Bham...
I have seen Tonya do sew-ins and they are pretty nice!

1misslady

hey ladies... do you know anyone on first 48:look:

LOL, I don't thank god.. but it is one of my favorite shows. I did however, ran into 2 detectives from the show recently one at a gas station in Center Point his name is John Johnson, he's darkskin with light eyes. He is not really featured but when they interrogate people he's on the scene. He was friendly as I asked him was he from the show, he laughed cause he said not many people recognize them. The other one name is Chris, he was featured as a lead detective on the show he is the lightskin one. He was at Riverchase Galleria. I was expecting them to be assholes :grin:

1misslady

I am from Bessemer and like stated above it may be hard to find one over the other, I will ask a few of my tried and true in B'ham and see if I can find you someone.

Thank You. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me find a stylists in Birmingham. I did not think it would be this tough, lol.