Any naturals here wetting their hair daily or almost daily?

Supervixen

I was until you all convinced me to try a roller wrap. Now I wet it roughly once every 3 days. When I wet it a lot, I never had a problem with breakage (I just had horrible styles). I've been transitioning for 2.5 years.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I usually dampen my hair daily with water and conditioner mixed in a spray bottle then I moisturize with something light like Giovanni D. or Karen's hair milk or something and seal with oil. My curls hold up will like this.

I only co-wash once a week and usually never rinse or anything in between because I don't want to mess up my curl definition or rinse all my moisture out.

Ramya

I rinse my hair every morning in the shower. My hair doesn't tangle and stays really moisturized. It loves water :yep:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
ha.. yes. Unless my hair is flat ironed straight, you better believe i am wetting it to style it on a day to day basis. I rinse the conditioner out in the morning in the sink, wring excess water, apply more conditioner, and bun up for work. When i get home, i re wet my hair in the sink, do a quick co wash, rinse, wring out, put more conditioner in, and re style ( i have to bun everyday for work, so sometimes when i go out and about i wear it down)

My hair cant be combed when dry, let alone styled.

My hair always has conditioner in it at all times. It loves it.

What she said. I have to wet every blessed day. 2nd day hair? What's that?

AllieCat0817

How often are you wetting your hair nowadays? Are you conditioner-washing or rinsing your hair on a daily basis? If so, why?

I wet my hair for the past 3 days in a row and my hair was so much easierto get into my daily bun :yep: What I usually do is use a spray bottle filled with Giovanni Direct and water to spray my hair down with in the morning and pull it back into a bun. But the past couple of days when I showered, I rinsed my hair thoroughly with water, then while soaking wet adding in the GD, and finished it off quickly with a little coconut oil.

My hair felt sooo good and was easy to put into my bun with my scrunchie (also did this while in the shower).

***I am beginning to think my hair my needs to be RINSED more often...that it needs to be fully WATERED DOWN in order to get it into a bun daily without too much "resistance" from my hair. :look: My spray bottle works pretty well, but it seems like I have SUCH an easier time getting it into a bun if I do it in the shower with it all wet (like I do on wash day).

I cowash twice a day EVERY day. And I feel gross if I don't. My hair and scalp need WATER and lots of conditioner.

lp318lp

Just started wetting my hair daily. My hair is softer when I moisturize it with water, while in the shower. During the day, I'll stop by the bathroom at work, and re-wet my hair a little as well. Just something I started doing because I just wanted to... :look:

me~:rolleyes:

Caramel Jewel

I bc'd on Saturday and I've cowashed and airdried it everyday since....I'm glad its warm....I don't know what I'll do come winter....brrrrrrrrr..I certainly wouldn't want icicles hanging from my ends

Last edited:

lisajames96

I like your hair btw, very pretty.
But I wet/dampen my hair at some point everyday. It will dry in a bun or twistout during the course of my workday, but I rarely go to bed with it dry now. It's been that way for about 6 months since I decided to get back on the hair growing wagon. It's just one of the methods I picked up from LHCF members. I use aloe vera, shea butter, coconut oil:lick:, and sparingly S-curl; one or all of these depending on what I am doing with my hair. And of course water.

CenteredGirl

I tried this, but it didn't work out for my 4ab, mostly b hair. I wash every 3 weeks now with daily scalp massages.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I love cowashing my hair everyday because it really curbs my breakage but but my 4b hair is way too tangly and it doesn't do anything for me moisture wise.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I do find it annoying that I have to wet my hair daily for it to look good. :ohwell: Can someone tell me how to rinse twists and not get them fuzzy? That would be very helpful.