any pointers to help end hand the hair syndrome

Caramel Jewel

I got it bad, especially since I bc'd...they say fiddling with the hair is a sign of insecurity...and I dont want to seem insecure in public especially since I love my texture...I'm happy I bc'd and I'm looking forward to remaining natural....:rolleyes:

msa

I have no pointers for you....my hands are in my hair right this moment...and they pretty much always are.

Rei

D: if someone has the solution to this please let me know. I have serious HiH syndrome, I'm always fiddling with it. I would assume the obvious would be to put it up in a protective style/extensions especially if its too short to put in a bun and forget about it.

Renewed1

I'm always in my hair since I BC'ed as well. Sad! But I'm worse becuz I play in my hair and then I touch my face and then I break out.

So I stopped playing in my hair so much.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:nono:Sorry No Pointers.....Wish I could help. Since my hair fell out, my hands are always up there doing something:wallbash: Either I'm applying some type of topical growth aid or I am massaging my scalp or I am constantly doing never ending growth checks by pulling it up and examining it every 5 minutes.:spinning:

luckiestdestiny

Tie it to your back?:look:

No laugh?:nono: I was going to suggest something worse but you'd have to get my sense of humor, so it's not my best joke because I had to water it down.

Oh well....
I was going to say put it in braids, like cornrows. When my hair is in cornrows I don't touch them cause I don't want them to get frizzy.

BotanyGrl

The only pointer I have is to put a scarf or satin bonnet on. I play in my new growth every time I get a chance.

Jetblackhair

My name is Jetblackhair and I have HIH syndrome. Funny thing is I never had this syndrome before I started taking care of my hair.

MummysGirl

Do you really have to end it? Embrace it :)

I don't care what anyone says - I love touching my new growth. Maybe one day, I'll be used to my natural hair and I'll stop playing in my hair but for now - love it!