Any products that make hair shiny from blowdry?

FlawedBeauty

Ello all.

Can any of you recommend a product that will make my hair shiny when I blowdry it. I like the way it looks just blown dry, but it looks hella dry. Im not blowing it straight, just blowin it out and leaving it. Oh, and that doesnt make it feel stiff either. I have thin strands so nothing too heavy.

TIA

blackindia07

Let me first start by saying LHCF has made me a believer in natural products! Coconut oil is the truth! I was using avocado or jojoba for a while but I tried coconut oil recently and let me tell you it adds SHINE without the greasyness or heavyness! And from what Ive read online coconut oil is the only oil that can penetrate the hair shaft and truly moisturize. I dont like greasy hair...I like my hair light and bouncy and coconut oil keeps it that way and adds shine!!! (you would think I was getting a commission from the coconut oil factories! LOL) Hope this helped! :yep:

ceecy29

Sabino moisture block. Didn't do anything to ward off reversion for my 4b hair but it def. gave me super shiny and soft hair. HTH.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Are you using anything to prep your hair before you blow dry it? Try either Chi Silk Infusion or Argan oil; both do a good job on my 3c/4a texlaxed hair.

shtow

After washing and conditioning I apply aphogee leave in, green tea, and polish and my hair comes out SUPER shiny, swangy, and moist. I only use a quarter-size amount of each on my whole head.

shunemite

I like GVP silk infusion, and I have fine thin 4b hair. I only use a little and it doesn't weigh it down. Are you using a good technique to blow dry to begin with? (If so disregard the rest of this). Coz I saw one video, and hopefully I can find it, where they explain that to have a shiny blow dry the nozzle has to be facing in the direction of the cuticle, so that it lays flat, which is towards the ends and not up towards the root. She also mentioned applying a little bit of tension during the blow drying process.

starts around 5:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYejkW9sBlA&feature=related

FlawedBeauty

Green tea and polish? Brand names please lol

After washing and conditioning I apply aphogee leave in, green tea, and polish and my hair comes out SUPER shiny, swangy, and moist. I only use a quarter-size amount of each on my whole head.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
I like GVP silk infusion, and I have fine thin 4b hair. I only use a little and it doesn't weigh it down. Are you using a good technique to blow dry to begin with? (If so disregard the rest of this). Coz I saw one video, and hopefully I can find it, where they explain that to have a shiny blow dry the nozzle has to be facing in the direction of the cuticle, so that it lays flat, which is towards the ends and not up towards the root. She also mentioned applying a little bit of tension during the blow drying process.

starts around 5:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYejkW9sBlA&feature=related

Oh yeah, using the Tension method to blow dry and aiming DOWN the hair shaft helps a LOT.

shtow

do you use these regularly or only when you blow dry?

I straighten once a week with every wash so that would be regularly. If I were to rock a braid out, or a style that did not require heat, I would probably follow the same routine though.

shunemite

I love this forum for this reason. Coz it reminds me of like 6 years ago when I used to blow dry by letting my hair just blow all over the place until it was dry and frizzy like straw, then cake on some grease.

LABETT

Alfaparaf Semi Di Lino Crystal Shine Serum,expensive but will give great shine.
This product is light and non greasy.

BillsBackerz67

I have some Joico K pac serum that I use. the shine is great but I had a very tiny amount after the stylist does whatever she does to my hair. Vitapointe cream is also good for blinging shine.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
It's expensive, but Argan Oil is the greatest!

I bought mine from Camden Grey. You only need a small amount...

www.camdengrey.com