Any relaxed heads that dont use hardcore protein treatments????

Sondice

What she says:grin: IMO relaxed hair NEEDS protien the relaxer process strips the protien from the hair try a (thick)moisturizing conditioner mixed with a honey (tbls) and a little oil(tbs) :lick:

Lol I keep hearing about this honey, now. Seriously wanna try it,what like the besttype to get though?

imaccami

I don't use any protein on my hair. I tried it once last year and it caused so much breakage, I was like never again. I'm just now at BSL headed towards full bra strap. If it hadn't been for that setback caused by the protein, I would've been full bra strap by now.

Sondice

If you don't like aphogee maybe you should try another brand. Yes brand does matter, different brands use their protein differently and they have different formulas. You can't say your hair doesn''t "like" protein and you've only tried aphogee. Joico K Pak reconstruct conditioner is awesome.

You only leave it in for 1 minute in the shower but you should also follow it up with moisture. It's a light reconstructor. Their deep penetrating reconstructor comes in a smaller tube.
This works way better for me than aphogee ever did.

I did think about trying the K-Pak reconstructor, or even Motions CPR, heard a lot of good things about that too

Sondice

I don't use any protein on my hair. I tried it once last year and it caused so much breakage, I was like never again. I'm just now at BSL headed towards full bra strap. If it hadn't been for that setback caused by the protein, I would've been full bra strap by now.

Yea that's what I'm scared of, it just sounds like really intense. And then I imagine all my hair falling into little pieces on the floor. I'm trying to make BSL this year too and I would be absolutely devistated if I had a setback

Sondice

Give it a break for a little bit. Maybe your hair is a little protein sensitive. Or, use it on a monthly basis.

Oh yea I def did, at first I was using it every 2 weeks, after I saw how my hair was acting, I decided to use it once a month, but still no difference, right now I'm DCing with ORS hair Mayo, its been about 1 month since my hair has had ne type of protein treatment (other than the CHI kertin mist that I use after I wash) Idk my hair loves this spray but not the aphogee, that's why the thought of even thinking about using aphogee 2 step freaks me out

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i henna every 4-6 weeks and find i don't really need a hardcore protein... sometimes i might add an egg to my conditioner... that's it

theLovelyStyle

I dont like hard core protein treatments for that exact reason. I did one a few weeks ago and I had to smoother my head in a moisturizing conditioner to get my hair back soft again. People assume that all relaxheads need to be heavy on the protein because our hair is a bit weaker due to the chemicals, but I disagree. My hair prefers moisture over protein anyday! The closest Ive been to a protein treatment is the ORS Pak from now on.

LaidBak

Relaxed head checking in. My hair hates protein, so hard core treatments do me more harm than good. I have some 2 -step in my stash collecting dust. The hardest protein I can handle is the 2 Minute.

angelica_lisa

I recently bought (and used) Aphogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and it did good for my hair. I have used the 2 step before (haven't used it for a while though) with great results, but that was when I noticed a lot of breakage right after I had gotten a relaxer. Healthy hair doesn't need 2 step, imo.

I would love to try Joico K-Pak because I have heard great reviews on it, but I can't seem to find it in my area.

MsKibibi

I haven't done a hard protein treatment in years. I prefer to do light protein weekly. I didn't notice spectacular results from the Aphogee 2 step anyway. So for me, it wasn't worth the trouble.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
There is no need to use hardcore protein treatments if your hair is NOT over-processed, damage, double-processed, or overly moisturized. I use my hardcore protein every 8 to 10 weeks because I stretch for long periods of time and want to keep the two different textures; that's when my hair is the most vulnerable, and because I baggie my ends for 3 to 4 days at a time which can make my hair overly moisturized.

*Muffin*

I don't. My hair doesn't like them. I find that I do well with products that have light amounts of protein in them. I like the AOGPB conditioner. After relaxing it makes my hair feel strong, but without that dry, crunchy feeling that most protein reconstructors give my hair. Mayonnaise also seems to give my hair strength, but without taking away the softness.

Americka

I haven't used a hardcore protein treatment i.e. Aphogee 2 step in years. Since I joined LHCF, I used the 2 minute treatment only once. My hair is doing just fine using egg treatments.

fattyfatfat

I used the Hairveda moist condition pro and every time I used it, my hair felt dry and like straw. I havent used a protein treatment in a few months and my hair feels fine.

AMAKA127

Instead of using a hardcore protein maybe you should use a lighter protein like the ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer. Spray your whole head after you DC and then style regularly

LivingDol1

I only use Aphogee 2-Min weekly on my wash day for exactly 2 minutes. It should NOT be used longer than 5 minutes.

this is what i do once a week and my hair never feels like straw.

it's all about combo of products and how much you put in your hair. i put coconut oil in my hair as part of my DC, and also a little bit before i start roller setting or drying in some way or another.

moisture/protein balance is key.

chelleypie810

I'll use ION effective care treatment once or twice a month...and thats a moisture and protein treat combined. But when I'm done with that I really want to try the silicon mix pearla de proteina.

So to answer the question NO I don't use a hardcore protein.

Last edited:

Adaoba2012

I have never done a hardcore protein treatment on my hair before. I'm sure that my hair is very protein sensitive. Once I put an egg in some ORS hair mayo and DC'd with it and let me tell you...my hair was a big dry stack of hay the next day. :nono: So now the only protein I do is a mild one mixed in with my DC or I will do Aphogee 2 min right after my relaxer or when I am deep into my relaxer stretch...maybe after 10 weeks every other week. It took a while for me to realize what my hair likes but now that I know I'm gonna stick with it :yep:

ItsyBitsy

I'm relaxed & I dont use hardcore protein treatments. If my hair needs a dose of protein I'll use TiGi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor which I consider a light- medium protein. Plus, it offers a good dose of moisture too.

hot_pepper96

My strands are too delicate and fine to use hardcore protein. What I do I use Phytokarite or Phytodensium Mask mixed with Phytospecific Milky Reconstructor & Phytospecific Revitalizing Treatment every 2 weeks (With Keracare Humecto for 20-30 mins after).

I also use Shescenit Fortifying Hair Masque (which is a great treatment IMO) for hair that can't handle hard protein. I also don't use protein in my moisturizers either.

*Muffin*

I have never done a hardcore protein treatment on my hair before. I'm sure that my hair is very protein sensitive. Once I put an egg in some ORS hair mayo and DC'd with it and let me tell you...my hair was a big dry stack of hay the next day. :nono: So now the only protein I do is a mild one mixed in with my DC or I will do Aphogee 2 min right after my relaxer or when I am deep into my relaxer stretch...maybe after 10 weeks every other week. It took a while for me to realize what my hair likes but now that I know I'm gonna stick with it :yep:

My hair is very protein sensitive as well. I cannot even do an egg treatment without my hair feeling dry and brittle like straw. I wonder why this is?