ANY RELAXED HEADS THINKING OF TEXTURIZING OR TEXTLAX

Nanyanika

Well I am contemplating this, I think i miss the versatility of wearing my hair curly, doing twist styles etc. Bone straight seems less appealing to me, from my next touch-up, i plan to use mild lye and keep my hair trimmed to my current length of bra-strap until my hair is completely texturized, is anyone thinking along the same lines. Should we start a support group of those who are seriously considering transitioning to texturized or texlax?

Golong

I think this is the way to go for me too. My hair is fine as is and the bone straight relaxer leaves me with little options. For my last relaxer I used sensitive scalp strength, (normally use regular) and that seemed to do the trick:yep:. Kinda glad the BBS was out of regular that day cause I discovered my hair was much more versitle when not bone straight.

sareca

I love texlax/texturized hair. I can't imagine being without my WnG. :nono:
Good luck ladies. :up:

Nanyanika

What i noticed is that even after a long 6 month stretch a regular would get me bone-straight in 10-12 minutes. I'm actually beginning my transition, i will use silk elements mild lye, every 12-16 weeks, and do braidouts, so i don't have to manipulate my hair much, my products and current regimen will remain they same as they work very well for my hair. I'm looking forward to one day being able to wear wash n gos and various natural styles

I think this is the way to go for me too. My hair is fine as is and the bone straight relaxer leaves me with little options. For my last relaxer I used sensitive scalp strength, (normally use regular) and that seemed to do the trick:yep:. Kinda glad the BBS was out of regular that day cause I discovered my hair was much more versitle when not bone straight.

divya

Go for it! I've never been relaxed because texturizing/texlaxing works well for me overall. The options are great.

blackpearl81

I'm texlaxed by mistake...recently switched to lye and underprocessed, but I like it a lot since my hair seems thicker than it was when it was bone straight...I'm still trying to decide if i'm going to stay texlax or relax with my next touch up:scratchch

LushLox

I'm seriously thinking that I should texlax next time, as my hair will probably just stay fine otherwise. I'm going to have to give up the bone straight look at some point...

Ivypearl08

I'm transitioning too but I'm trying to find a stylist who can and will do that. It's kinda' difficult because most stylists are used to bone straight hair and they know that people with less than straight hair take longer to style. Right now I'm trying to stretch my relaxer so I have some time before my next one. I don't want to do it myself because I am too "relaxer happy" and I would be defeating my purpose...LOL!!!!

mika vs sasha

I realized that my hair doesn't respond well to relaxers. It's really thin and keeps breaking and I'm over it! My stylist suggested that I stop relaxing and we start to texlax. This should help maintain some of my natural thickness and help me retain length. I'm hoping this is the perfect solve for my hair.. but I'll never know until I start the journey. My next touch up is May 23, and I'll be 8 weeks post. I'm not really willing to cut off all of my relaxed ends, I know that this will be gradual process and I'm looking to gain pateince.

godzooki

I'm thinking about either texlaxing or going natural. Right now I'm at 19 wks post relaxer and texlaxing is looking more and more appealing for many reasons. I'm thinking about doing it myself in 2 wks or so since finding stylists who cooperate is getting harder and harder.

deusa80

I've been seriously considering texlaxing, I like the idea of having thicker hair and more versatility. I'm just not sure how I'll be able to handle it during the transition since I'll be dealing with 2 or 3 textures. My ends are just horrible but I don't want to cut them:perplexed and the rest is relaxed bone straight...
Then I feel like I'm going to end up using a lot of heat when I want to wear it straight if I texlax... right now I wear a half wig every day so I hardly ever wear my hair out. But my goal is to take good care of my hair(thanks to LHCF!) so that eventually I can get rid of all of them and wear my hair out whenever I want.

mika vs sasha

Yeah, I don't have any idea on how to deall with the 3 textures.. NG, newly texlax, and finally relaxed ends. That's where the biggest challenge will be, so I'm looking for all ideas or suggestions. This is a huge deal to be, so I plan on working really hard to journal this experience.

Denise11

I thought about texlaxing months ago, but I quickly put it out of my mind. I love looking at texlaxed hair, it's beautiful. But I'm almost BSL, and I know I'm not going to do any kind of transitioning. That takes way too long, and I don't want to be on the hair boards for many years.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm texlaxed by mistake...recently switched to lye and underprocessed, but I like it a lot since my hair seems thicker than it was when it was bone straight...I'm still trying to decide if i'm going to stay texlax or relax with my next touch up:scratchch

My story is similar to yours. I texlaxed by mistake but I know I will definitely do it again this time.

mika vs sasha

I thought about texlaxing months ago, but I quickly put it out of my mind. I love looking at texlaxed hair, it's beautiful. But I'm almost BSL, and I know I'm not going to do any kind of transitioning. That takes way too long, and I don't want to be on the hair boards for many years.

Yeah, I'm a few inches from APL so I feel you on not wanting to be on the board for many years...t's going to be truly painful. But in my case, I really need to change what I'm currently doing. I've been colar bone length for over 2 two years now and I can't really retain length. My hair is fighting against bone straight relaxers. My hair is fine and the normal relaxers are causing damage. So, after many years of not seeing the results I want. I gotta make a change. I'm scared and not really sure how everything will work out. But switching to texlax is next step and I'm going full speed ahead. Can't wait to start my journey!!!

LushLox

Yeah, I'm a few inches from APL so I feel you on not wanting to be on the board for many years...t's going to be truly painful. But in my case, I really need to change what I'm currently doing. I've been colar bone length for over 2 two years now and I can't really retain length. My hair is fighting against bone straight relaxers. My hair is fine and the normal relaxers are causing damage. So, after many years of not seeing the results I want. I gotta make a change. I'm scared and not really sure how everything will work out. But switching to texlax is next step and I'm going full speed ahead. Can't wait to start my journey!!!

ITA, I think it's the best thing that us fine haired people can do for our hair.

Kellum

I'm texlaxed by mistake also. I initially tried to relax my virgin hair after 2 years and the relaxer didn't take fully. I got a touch up and corrective about 2 1/2 weeks ago trying to get my hair bone straight and once again I didn't get fully straight. The stylist left it on the full time too. I guess my hair doesn't want to be totally straight anymore and I am fine with it. My hair is about 85% straight. I actually like it now. My hair is thick and a lot stronger than it was when being bone straight.

Luscious Locks

i'm in for texlaxing. I can't wait for my fine strands to be thicker and stronger. I need major volume in my life. Curls are sexy, and volume is glamourous and I'm trying to be both of these things.

Honey Bee

Like a lot of ppl are saying, fine haired ladies really have to be careful with that perm, lol! With my hair, when I wanted the bone straight look, I had to touch-up every 4 weeks, or there would be serious repercussions :lachen:. But I started transitioning (to texlaxed) with my August perm, and I haven't had any breakage, YET, so yay! I attribute this to Wen and henna, btw.

I'm also considering changing perms. Now, I use the Vitale Sensitive Scalp, which I absolutely love, but it straightens my hair too fast. I might try to find their kiddie perm.

DarkHair

I've accidentally started texlaxing. I like it though. My hair is fine and its starting to feel thicker.

Tinka511

Bumping...

I'm looking for some help/encouragement...

I'm new to the forum and just learned about texlaxing. It seems like a good way to begin to repair my terribly damaged hair but I would hate for it to look any thicker!

Relentless

Reinventing
Bumping for anyone who is currently having good progress with this. I am 4B and have had two texturizers so far. I am liking it.

Caramelangel247

I texlaxed about six weeks ago after stretching about 18 weeks.

At first I loved it. My hair was thicker. I had volume. But I hate flat irons. I am not good at using them and my workouts tend to sweat out my style.

I like it but I think I'll come back to it in a few months when I'm doing with this phase of my workout. I'm trying not to stress my hair too much though since losing 100lbs is already stressful. But I don't wanna spend time frying my hair with heat all the time either.