Any relaxed ladies going natural someday??

If so, when do you plan to make your transition, how do you plan to transition, and what is your reason for making this transition? I'm going natural one day, hopefully, and thought now would be a great time to plan my transition so it can go smoothly. If I do get to join Peace Corps, I think that would be a great time for me to go natural. I'll do a BC and wear a wig.

UmSumayyah

I would transition in braids because I am NOT big-chopping. I'd be transitioning at least until I had enough hair for a pony puff.

douglala

I plan on doing this gradually. I plan on slowly transitioning to texlaxed then transition to natural. Currently about 2 inches of my roots are texlaxed so I have already started.

I tried to do this with my stylist but every time I went for a touch up relaxed me more and more. Now I am taking matters into my own hands......

douglala

I plan on doing this gradually. I plan on slowly transitioning to texlaxed then transition to natural. Currently about 2 inches of my roots are texlaxed so I have already started. I am not in a rush at all.

I tried to do this with my stylist but every time I went for a touch up relaxed me more and more. Now I am taking matters into my own hands......

MiWay

I plan to go natural...one day. I don't think I can do a BC, so I will probably just grow it out using braids and weaves, and a Dominican blowout here and there. I'm just ready for a change. I won't say that I'll never relax again, but I want to try something new...

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I don't know exactly when I'll transition, but it will definitely be a long transition (because that's how I did it before). I'll probably wear braids, weaves, or twistouts during the transition.

sareca

I'll probably go back but I doubt it will be permanent. Right now I'm on a mission to have long texturized hair. When I get there I'm sure I'll be anxious to set some new goal.

Catina72

When I shaved my head 2 years ago that was my natural but I could not imagine having a natural with length. My head was so unmanageble at 11 weeks post- it was scary:eek: .

AllyMD

I'm slowly transitioning. I have about 2 inches of new growth and about 10 inches of permed hair. So, I am going to snip off about 1/2 inches every month until all of the straight stuff is gone and the only stuff left is the fro!

nikkivale

I've been relaxed for over a year now and I'm really considering going back natural, i don't have a problem with relaxers but i had a bad overprocessing experience and my hair is paying for it.. My hair is just not the same anymore, too much maintenance. I made the mistake of going to a stylist who overprocessed my hair like crazy. My hair used to be extremely thick in its natural state and so of course the stylist tried to do a bone straight on my hair and it was so limp and flat i didn't even recognize myself. My hair is still kind of thick but the ends are thinner than I would like. My hair grows very fast and is 4a/4b so i have to relax often so i wont have demarcation breakage.
Transitioning is a real pain but it may be worth having my hair back.
I would like to know if anyone has used Mizani Thermasmooth while transitioning.

Thanks ladies for responding. I've transitioned before, like 6 years ago and grew about 6 inches of natural hair. I had to BC at about 3 months post. I couldn't take the two different textures anymore!!! I want to go natural for a change. However, I do see myself texlaxing after a while (most like 60-70% straight). I get bored with my hair easily.

Arcadian

well, i had no choice but to go natural once. (chemo) The hair that grew back was actually nice looking! It probably wouldn't have stayed that way though, and once the doc said it was safe I relaxed.

Knowing me, I would chop the relaxed stuff off and just start from scratch. I thought about letting it just grow out and then chopping a little at a time, but my luck I'd wobble and go back to relaxing anyway.

I'll do it one day, I just don't know when.

-A

OneInAMillion

I'll definitely be natural again someday, just not sure when. This is the easiest (knock on wood :lol: ) stretch that I've ever been through, and I'm going to keep going. At this point, I just like that my hair isn't a chore, as long as I keep it healthy, I'll be happy. All I know is that I'm not brave enough for a BC, so I'd be in for a LONG transition.

tffy2004

I plan on transitioning once I have reached my goal of waistlength. I can't see myself doing the BC at waistlength so I will just grow out the relaxer and keep trimming my hair or cut it up to midback or just below brastrap let it grow and just keep trimming until I am natural.

lmjenk67

After being relaxed for nearly 30 years (first relaxer around 10 yo), I BC'd last night after transitioning for nearly 8 months. I could no longer take the 2 textures and since I didn't want to continue spending money at the salon, I went ahead and let her chop it off. I'm loving it and I can't wait to start playing with it and trying various natural styles. My stylist (Balisi) did comb coils last night but I'm going to dc it tomorrow and do a wash and go.

I have some updated pics in my album (will post the ones from last night when I get them from Balisi).

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
One day I will definitely go natural. I want to reach Bra-strap first There's no sense in reaching bra-strap and having to cut it back off, so I'll wear that for a while, and then go natural. I thought about going natural during one of my future pregnancies. I figured that would be a good idea since I could transition for 9 months and BC when the baby is born. I don't plan on getting pregnant anytime soon, but that was just an idea of what I could do if by that time I want to go natural.

danimani

I just began my transition. No braids, no weave, and definitely no big chop. I love my texture so far. Soft and wavy!

I was sick of paying $55 for a relaxer every 4-6 weeks and then to get new growth and feel the need to relax it. I never thought of going natural until I found this site. I just assumed natural=nappy and that's not always the case!

I hope to transition for at least two years!

My relaxed hair was a bit past shoulder length when I began my transition.

MeccaMedinah

danimani said:
I just began my transition. No braids, no weave, and definitely no big chop. I love my texture so far. Soft and wavy!

I was sick of paying $55 for a relaxer every 4-6 weeks and then to get new growth and feel the need to relax it. I never thought of going natural until I found this site. I just assumed natural=nappy and that's not always the case!

I hope to transition for at least two years!

My relaxed hair was a bit past shoulder length when I began my transition.

Welcome & congrats on your transition! Your entire post sounds like my journey. I transitioned for about 15 months.

MeccaMedinah

lmjenk67 said:
After being relaxed for nearly 30 years (first relaxer around 10 yo), I BC'd last night after transitioning for nearly 8 months. I could no longer take the 2 textures and since I didn't want to continue spending money at the salon, I went ahead and let her chop it off. I'm loving it and I can't wait to start playing with it and trying various natural styles. My stylist (Balisi) did comb coils last night but I'm going to dc it tomorrow and do a wash and go.

I have some updated pics in my album (will post the ones from last night when I get them from Balisi).

:clapping: Congrats!

MizaniMami

caribeandiva said:
never say never.

I feel the same way.

But I don't see myself going natural until far in the future. I am loving taking care of relaxed hair. Almost to the point where I don't think I will go natural. But to be safe, I am saying "never say never"