Any routines that shouldn't aid hair health but...

jainygirl

Any routines that shouldn\'t aid hair health but...

works for YOUR hair??? for example, last night after using my CON during my usual wash every 8-10 days, i decided to skip the deep condition that i had started doing EVERY time after i washed. Which is what i used to do up until about 5 months ago when i started deep conditioning every shampoo (thinking i was doing something good
) Okay everybody.....why in the WORLD did i start conditioning so often??
my hair is in such great condition today, just like it used to be before. its totally soft and happy again. i dont know why i never put 2 and 2 together with the change in my hair and my decision to deep condition every shampoo. okay so my rave is over. Anyone else have a routine or something that they do that's not "supposed" to help you retain growth or overall hair health, but works for your hair??? jainygirl -------- hey look one of my favorite smileys is here now --->

pink_flower

Re: Any routines that shouldn\'t aid hair health but...

I comb my hair everyday..I tried not to comb at all but its was DEATH once touch up time came... I also use grease but not on my scalp, my hair loves it!

karezone

Not touching it. I did not put the connection together until I had my first set of box braids when I was in high school.

Karonica

Before coming to this board, I never used conditioner. I'm going to go back to everything I was doing before. LOL

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Before coming to this board, I never used conditioner. I'm going to go back to everything I was doing before. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've even snuck some hair grease back into my life

karezone

Me too. I think that my hair grew more and was healthier before. Then I only shampooed once a week with CON, conditioned with Motions CPR or Lekair Cholesterol. Wet wrapped it using a shampoo brush, motions setting lotion and profective mega growth. Then I would flat iron it 2-3 times before the next wash. I moisturized my ends every night with mega growth, wrapped and covered with a silk scarf. I also B&B ultra lite super grow.

No vitamins or scalp massages.

karezone

The I am posting is a denman but me, being cheap bought the Goody one

Ipanema

Does using undiluted apple cider vinegar straight from the bottle count? I figured that the acidic value of the vingear would counteract the alkaline properties of my hard water.
It seems to be working, though, because my hair feels soft & has sheen.