Any self-texturizers out there???

Natural_Girl

Please share your routine i.e. how do you prepare your hair for the relaxer (basers), tpye of relaxer used, how often, etc.

Thanks!

buffalosoldier

Its cake, I use scurl about 3 times a year.

Slap vaseline on scalp for protection
Put scurl in roots using fingers
Straighten out roots with the back of the comb.
Comb thru just roots if needed until it 'takes'
Wash out

Whole thing takes like 15 minutes. I'll usually do a micro trim a few days later.

blue_flower

I texturize my hair in sections. I don't do it all at once because it slows me down and timing is important. The relaxer I use is Motions Mild (I tried Motions Mild w/ Oil before and I didn't like it). I part my hair into four sections and I base either with Vaseline or oil sheen. I make sure that the sections I'm not working on are covered with a shower cap. I apply with a tint brush and I only smooth the new growth once. I let the section process for at least 10 minutes and then I condition and shampoo it with Motions products. After all 4 sections are done, I use L'oreal Moisture Therapy Deep Conditioner and I go under the dryer (warm setting) for 5-10 minutes. After getting a touch-up after 4 months, I prefer getting them done every 6 months like I did before. When you section your hair, do it the night before. Since you'll be doing your hair in sections, the back shouldn't be as difficult to do if you have enough mirrors.