ANY Short Haired Naturals STRAIGHTEN.....

healthyhair2

on a regular basis? I have about 2-3 inches of natural, coily Macy Gray hair that I love,however the slowness of growth is bothering me! It is in the in-between stage and healthy. I managed to alleviate my dry scalp and hay head :) Now, I need more styling options. I know some long-haired naturals who seem to get better growth with pressed or flat-ironed hair, since it stretches the hair. Can this work for us, in-between naturals too?Any
and ALL responses are welcome.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I straightened my twa when it was 2-3 inches. Now its about 6-7 inches. I still straighten it, but the dominicans do a better job than I do

naija24

when i was a short haired natural I didn't bother because the style would last a day or so before looking jacked. at least for me.

i think natural hair starts looking good straightened at 4 inches

iVR

I think it depends on the products you use. I wash every 3 days and my hair will last until the next wash day as long as I don't work out. I also sweat in the head so I have to wash every 3 to 4 days or my scalp will itch like the dickens. If I'm lazy (aka didn't go to the gym that week) it'll last 7 days.

kupenda

I straightened my TWA at about 6 inches. But I wouldn't recommend straightening yet. Are there other things you can do to spice things up? You run the risk of heat damage before you really get things going with your hair. Maybe im just being a party pooper lol

healthyhair2

No, you're not a party pooper at all!! I actually think that I am going to either get braids or start wiggin' it. Probably it is best to just let it grow...

Thanks Ladies, I knew I could count on you :)

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I straightened my TWA at about 6 inches. But I wouldn't recommend straightening yet. Are there other things you can do to spice things up? You run the risk of heat damage before you really get things going with your hair. Maybe im just being a party pooper lol

I got talked into straightening my natural hair for the first time I went natural (May 2013) and I hated it. I thought I had damaged my hair but thankfully I didn't. Plus I realize that my hair looks better on me in it's coily, kinky and curly state. It really does suit me.