Any slow growers out there?

chasturner84

Ooo, Ooo,Ooo, Me, over here! LOL, Yes Honey, I get .33 per Month, 1 Inch every 3 Months and 4 Inches a Year, Terrible right, I know, I think about that all the time, I've tried growth aids to optimize my potential and I must say it has worked on several occassions, otherwise I wouldn't use them, but Hey Us Slow Growers need a Boost from Time to Time. I've been told that this can be due to lack of Sulfur in My sysytem, which also includes, brittle nails and dry skin, so it could be valid reasons for this, seeing a Doctor can justify the cause.

What are you using?

femmemuscle

another one checking in. 1/4" a month. i workout, diet exercise, just started my Omega 3/6/9. that's Flax,fish and sesame seed oils all combined in a soft gel. plus the usual tons of water.

plus i started taking HSN vitamins since september of last year. on top of my usual biotin.

i guess all i need is "eye of newt" and i'm set...:)

it does get a little disheartening when i see folks on the forum show their hair progress. and they started the same time that i did. They have these pics of hair cascading down their backs.. and here i am with my twa.."but it's healthy!"...so what?:(

The difference is, the ones who have long hair are relaxed, and i'm a 4z natural. regardless, i am still bringing up the rear when it comes to hair growth.

Eluv

Slow grower checking in. I can't get past NL in the front and SL in the back. My growth halts at that point. It's all good b/c I plan on changing this pattern this year. I want my front to grow long and strong. Retention is my issue. I get too excited when I see a little bit of growth then I forget all my protective styles and reggies.
I'm so glad that it's the beginning of the year and we all can start fresh. We need a SG (slow growers) challenge. Lol we need to do all of the above vitamins, prot. styles, hair cocktails, no heat challenges, etc. j/k

SGers UNITE:drunk:!

I think so too.

My hair only grows about 3" year. So I'm on my own personal challenge to get 6" by doing the following:
Vitamins
Protective styles (Well I joined the official Braid challenge)
No heat, except for DC
Moisturize daily

ETA I forgot to add healthy diet and cardio 4-5 days a week.

Last edited:

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I'm not sure how much I grow a month but I only retain 3 inches a year so I may as well be a slow grower.

It's really frustrating.

angenoir

Hi!

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been in denial but I have to admit it now… I am a slow grower.

In May 2009 I cut my hair into a short Halle fade and only in Dec 2009 did I reach grazing SL.
I protective style 99% of the time (braids and weaves) and I think I retain most of my growth… but still, here I am.

I was phyto relaxed but my last relaxer was in June 2009 and now I am trying to stretch till June 2010 because I want to change relaxers…. Or maybe even transition.

So far I have about 2-3 inches of NG and it is much stronger and healthier than my relaxed ends…. So I am loving that.

I take a multi-vitamin and usually try to be regular with my hair supplement and while I can honestly say it has given me a boost it is still not a huge boost.
I drool over people’s progress pics and just envy how fast their hair grows…. But then, I have to work with what I have right? So I am trying to retain every inch I get through protective styling and good care.

I hope to e APL by June 2010 or Dec 2010

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Slow grower checking in.
I never wanted to admit it, but I'm definitely slow as hell. My last stretch was 16 weeks, and I only had about an inch of hair. And that was with me taking pretty much every supplement known to man.
I try not to get too discouraged by all the amazing progress and fast growers. Instead, I focus on keeping my hair moist, strong, and protected, so I can keep what little bit of hair grows out of my head.

I joined the 12 in 12 challenge though, and I've decided to commit to eating better and getting more exercise. Maybe then, my hair will actually get up and do something. :rolleyes:

MummysGirl

I'm a slow grower... here's my growth (stretched out my new growth) in a year (2 pics of the left, 2 pics of the right... this is not a comparison photo. Just showing that my right side grows faster than my left):

I exercise 5 times a week and I eat 'right' 80% of the time. No supplements...

I've accepted my growth rate, although it took a while...

Last edited:

chasturner84

I'm not sure how much I grow a month but I only retain 3 inches a year so I may as well be a slow grower.
:lachen:Welcome to the slow growers club!
I drool over people’s progress pics and just envy how fast their hair grows…. But then, I have to work with what I have right? I hope to be APL by June 2010 or Dec 2010
I too love seeing people's progress pics; I live vicariously through them :drunk:
Did you join the APL Challenge?

Slow grower checking in.
I never wanted to admit it, but I'm definitely slow as hell. My last stretch was 16 weeks, and I only had about an inch of hair. And that was with me taking pretty much every supplement known to man.
I try not to get too discouraged by all the amazing progress and fast growers. Instead, I focus on keeping my hair moist, strong, and protected, so I can keep what little bit of hair grows out of my head.

I joined the 12 in 12 challenge though, and I've decided to commit to eating better and getting more exercise. Maybe then, my hair will actually get up and do something. :rolleyes:

~1 inch is pretty much what I always get! :lachen:Maybe if I start taking supplements I can get up to 1.5 inches when I relax in 16 weeks :rolleyes:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I'm a slow grower! :yep: It took me over 2 years to get to ALMOST APL from NL while I see members going from TWA to BSL within the same time :rolleyes: But meh, what you gonna do? I'll keep growing till I can't grow no more!

757diva

SLOW SLOW SLOW grower here. When I was pregnant in 06-07 my hair was NL. After I had mi son I went to get an "trim" from a stylist they cut mi hair off to top ear length :( Now I am Mid neck length stretch after almost 3 years :( I'm going no where.

Maybe it's due to mi slacking on vitamins and water. I should try that water challenge