Any Texturized TWA Ladies Here?

Stormy

Hey ladies!

If so Please post a pic!

My hair is 4B and I'm curious as to how a texturizer would look on my hair. I recently did a big chop two weeks ago (down to half an inch unstretched) and the barber who cut my hair said a texturizer will take very well on my hair because it's so soft. Plus he said the shorter the better, but.... I have read in other threads that a texturizer on 4B hair just comes out straight, just loosend with straight ends, or not very good results.

So, if you are texturized whether type 3 or 4 please share your pics so that I can see the difference (curly vs. wavy). Especially 4B so I can get an idea of what mine may look like.

My original plan was to let it grow back out and once it gets about 3-4 inches long get it texlaxed to retain more length and get the both of both worlds (my hair likes to be stretched or straight). I may just go with this.

Also, if you could tell me how often you get your texturizer redone that would be great! The barber told me about once a month.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Stormy

Also, if you don't have a pic, just tell how your texturizer turned out and how often you got it touched up. Any stories and advice appreciated.

Thanks!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey Stormy, not sure about my hair type anymore :lol:, I think between 3c and 4a, more on the 4a side *shrug*. Anyway, here are my BC pics from my Jan 2009:

Texturized: ( I would post more pics but I can't find ma' darn memory card)

I used to use Elasta QP mild -No lye at the time. I left it on for like 20 mins (my hair is coarse/resistant). What worked for me was using my fingers for application and constant smoothing during the relaxer process, I tried it with a comb and it came out too staight-ish with frizz. Also, a mid protein step, I used EQP intense.

Also, using a mild protein (I used EQP intense and ORS repelenishing) every wash not only kept my hair healthy, but helped it keep its curl. I never hard protein treatments. I never used gel, a moisturizer called Proline Comb-thru softener. I highly recommend it, kept my hair soft and moisturized. Never had to seal with it either, and a little goes a long way. It has a strong baby-powder scent though. I still use it from time to time.

I'd touch up and trim/shape every 6-8 weeks.

HTH

SignatureBeauty

I am texturized as well, in my avitar, I am a 3c/4a/4b, I have multiple textures on my head, I use Mizani Butter Blends and I stretch for 4 months, gona try to make it 6 months, I let it sit on for like 6-8 minutes, no more than 10, and I still have my curls and it is easier to stay moisturized. I Love being Texturized!!!

Stormy

Thanks ladies!

halee_J yours came out really nice! :yep: I like how it looks growing out too.

LaFemme hopefully more will chime in. What texture is your mom?

Stormy

SignatureBeauty where is your avatar? I tried looking at your album too, but it's asking for a log in.

Stormy

halee_J I was reading your maintenance tips again and I see where you said you never had to "seal it" what does that mean?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
halee_J I was reading your maintenance tips again and I see where you said you never had to "seal it" what does that mean?

I didn't use any kind of oil or serum to seal in the moisture :)

Thanls for the compliment everytime I see my tex'd hair in my siggy it makes me wanna go back super short :yep:

Halee

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Hey, Signature Beauty, you better not be leaving!:nono::naughty: Who else here can I chat with?:lachen: Your album asks for a password. Can you please PM it to me?

Last edited:

Stormy

I didn't use any kind of oil or serum to seal in the moisture :)

Thanls for the compliment everytime I see my tex'd hair in my siggy it makes me wanna go back super short :yep:

Halee

Got it! I always thought you only had to seal with leave in cream conditioners though. So, depending on what products you use with a texturizer sometimes you may have to seal?

Stormy

Oh never mind Halee. I was just reading some S Curl directions and they say to seal the moisturizer with gel, so I get it. The spray that you use doesn't require that. I think I'll get some of that.

Thanks again!

Stormy

Ok ladies I did it! I went ahead with S Curl and it came out very nice! It's nice and curly or I can wear it wavy.

LaFemme, I'll have to figure out how to take some good texture shots to post some pics. My hubby took one pic, but you couldn't really see the curls and texture.

Tiye

@hallee_J and signaturebeauty - both of your texturizers came out nice.

@stormy - subscribed to thread and waiting for pics. :)

I'm deciding whether to texturize/texlax or do a full out relaxer. It would be nice to see what a texturizer can look like on 4B hair (I've had them before and they were basically blown out fros - but this was long ago and it's possible that I didn't use the proper technique).

SignatureBeauty

Stretching & Timing is Key to getting the same results everytime, I love my curly hair and have no desire for straight hair, I just want to have Nice Big Hair next summer LOL!! I also do Hard protein treatments (Aphogee) every 6 weeks to keep my hair strong and use infusium leave in mixed with my s-curl!

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't know what texture my mom is and neither does she. She hasn't seen her natural hair since the 70s when she wore fro's and you know back then, they weren't keeping their hair properly moisturized. She just says her hair is nappy......so idk and she doesn't know lol She relaxes every 6 weeks...I had her stretch for 10 and she could possibly have hair like mine (4a) but of course idk.

When she had a fro tho, she said hers could never stick up like other peoples and she had to braid it to look like a fro so I would assume she's not 4b. Can't wait for your pics so I can show her!

cocoagirl

Ladies, any more info to share on texturizing a TWA? My mom has a TWA that she would like to wear curly but no texturizer/relaxer gives her that look. We have tried regular texturizers and relaxers left in for a short amount of time (under 10 minutes). Once washed out her hair barely has a little curl, but it's definitely not a texturized look. Does anyone have any ideas on specific texturizer/relaxers to use and/or moisturizing, curl products that aid in curl formation?

almond eyes

Ladies, any more info to share on texturizing a TWA? My mom has a TWA that she would like to wear curly but no texturizer/relaxer gives her that look. We have tried regular texturizers and relaxers left in for a short amount of time (under 10 minutes). Once washed out her hair barely has a little curl, but it's definitely not a texturized look. Does anyone have any ideas on specific texturizer/relaxers to use and/or moisturizing, curl products that aid in curl formation?

Not everyone's curl pattern is able to achieve a curly look without some sort of roller sets, twists, braid outs or bantu knots.

Best,
Almond Eyes