Anybody have a video or picture of doing a twist out on relaxed hair?

Lilmama1011

I try to do the bare minimum but want to look nice and defined and I would think two twist wouldn't be that defined so I'm willing to do four twist max. I don't see myself doing a whole head of twists. So any pics or videos of doing a twist out with only four twists on relaxed hair. Thanks in advance ladies :)

LaurenMechelle

How about 4 on each side :look:

I did a twist-out not too long ago, I'll circle back around and post pics.

IMO I think you'll have to bite the bullet & do more than 4 total twists if you want definition, but I guess that could depend on the texture of your hair. I'm always worried about my roots blending & err on the side of caution. My results did last almost a week though, so the extra effort wasn't wasted on a 1/2 day style.

ETA: Here are my results with roughly 8 twists, and I think product choice will play a major role in level of definition:

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I was about to tell you I just put up a video, but it's a whole head of flat twist.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

IMO I think you'll have to bite the bullet & do more than 4 total twists if you want definition, but I guess that could depend on the texture of your hair. I'm always worried about my roots blending & err on the side of caution. My results did last almost a week though, so the extra effort wasn't wasted on a 1/2 day style.

ETA: Here are my results with roughly 8 twists, and I think product choice will play a major role in level of definition:

Okay, so you just have fabulous hair no matter how it's styled, huh! That's gorgeous. :yep:

leona2025

My twist outs always look like garbage. I thought it was because I was relaxed:look:. What products do you use for this? And did you do it on wet or dry hair? I love it!

LaurenMechelle

Okay, so you just have fabulous hair no matter how it's styled, huh! That's gorgeous. :yep:
Thank you!! :notworthy:drunk:

My twist outs always look like garbage. I thought it was because I was relaxed:look:. What products do you use for this? And did you do it on wet or dry hair? I love it!
I still don't think I've fully mastered it - I need to play around more with products. I started out using Shea Moisture Curl Souffle, and that was a mess and a half... I don't know how it works for people! No slip, nothing. I switched halfway through to Garnier Fructis Curl-Sculpting Cream Gel, but the result was crunchy & didn't move well. After a couple days it softened up, but I want soft results on day one! I have the clear Eco Styler gel, and I picked up Mixed Chicks' leave-in this weekend, I'm going to try that combo next.

Lilmama1011

Sorry! leona2025 asked that too, and I forgot to answer - I started with freshly washed hair, it was soaking wet.

I will try this on my wash day but I might roll it all the way up instead of just the ends because I'm using curl formers and don't want it pulling my hair while I'm doing my hair. Also I like drawn up curls because they last longer

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I don't have pics but if you twist then bantu knot them, that works great also. I typically do 6-8 twists on damp hair. I use my normal leave-ins...nothing special, major or with hold. I think @EnExitStageLeft recently did a twistout.

LovelyRo

I wasn't going to post because LaurenMechelle came in here posting her beautiful twist out... Lol I do 7 or 8 flat twists on air dried hair and I roll it all the way up flexirods on the end. I use kids Organics Shea moisturizer and EVCO on each twist.

Attachments

• image-3757128037.jpg
    image-3757128037.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

LaurenMechelle

I wasn't going to post because LaurenMechelle came in here posting her beautiful twist out... Lol I do 7 or 8 flat twists on air dried hair and I roll it all the way up flexirods on the end. I use kids Organics Shea moisturizer and EVCO on each twist.

Umm I love your results! I've never tried it on airdried hair - I haven't figured out a way to get the frizz out with out heat or starting on wet hair. Your hair looks awesome & way softer than how mine came out!

Lilmama1011

day four of braidout i find just putting on a bonnet and sleeping how i want works. it held up throughout the rain and because it's drawn up it lasts

LovelyRo

Umm I love your results! I've never tried it on airdried hair - I haven't figured out a way to get the frizz out with out heat or starting on wet hair. Your hair looks awesome & way softer than how mine came out!

Thank you!!! My product combination leaves my hair well defined yet very soft!!!